Making brush move from A to B in game

(Loffy) #1

Hi!
Is it possible to create this effect in a game:
A brushwork (any form, imagine a cube 5 x 5 feet) moves with high speed from place A to place B. Then, a couple of seconds later, the same thing is repeated. Same brush. However, the brush cannot be seen moving from B to A. (I dont want the player to see that.)

The player should only see the brush/cube move from A to B. It is not necessary that the player sees the thing when it is resting at either A or B. In sum: what I want him/her to see is the motion, the thing “flying by” in high speed.

Two more things: It should move in a straight line. And I want it to emitt sound. (Engine sound, ringing sound whatever). So the thing + sound passes by. Swooosh!

Thx in advance!
// Loffy

(Drakir) #2

that would be pretty easy to do. Make a script_mover and have a trigger somewhere. When the brush hits the last spline then just remove the brush. When triggered again just spawn it.

Could be cool to do a an airplane flyby like that.
I made a japaneese plane circling a ship when working on the never released Pearl Harbor MOD for RTCW.

(Loffy) #3

Ok, I need a trigger then. There are time-triggers, arent there? LIke, they trigger ever x second. THen there must be random functions too? It triggers randomly, I mean.
I will try it later this evening at home.
But what about the speaker? Can it be a moving entity?
Hm, I’ll get back later with more news about this.
Yes, a circeling plane would be cool. But I was thinking more in straight lines.
Swooosh!
// Loffy

(No1_sonuk) #4

Does a mover have a “sound” key pair available?

(Drakir) #5

You can easily script a sound to start when ever a an action is called in the script!

Like this:

trigger start_movable
	{
		trigger movable sound_start

}

and then just add this:

trigger sound_start
	{
		stopsound
		playsound sound/weapons/airstrike/airstrike_plane.wav volume 512
	}

Good luck Loffy!!!