Brink Novel: Is there one in the works?

(wolfnemesis75) #1

(Don’t hate me.):smiley:

Dear Ed,

Can we get like some supplemental Novel series on Brink or even a Graphic Novel? Could be a prequel leading up to the Civil War. Or some backstory, in-between stuff. Is there any chance for something like this down the line? When I am playing the game I feel that there is enough info to give context to the fight and meaning to the conflict and what we are trying to do. There’s just enough cut-scene to get the blood pumping and a quick one at the end which is cool. There’s only so much character dev you can do in a campaign too before it starts to get in the way of the gameplay action. Other games have done this like Mass Effect, Gears of War, Halo, and Splinter Cell. So, It’d be cool to get a Novel or Graphic for folks who want to delve deeper into the world of Brink. Or some kind of supplemental like what Lost did with their Darma initiative.

~wolf
:slight_smile:

(.FROST.) #2

[QUOTE=wolfnemesis75;365662](Don’t hate me.):smiley:

Dear Ed,

Can we get like some supplemental Novel series on Brink or even a Graphic Novel?[/QUOTE]

Actually I’m just working on some Brink chars for a fictional Brink Comic/Graphic Novel. I’ll load up some sketches on the weekend. I’m doing this because I want to show them to SD and maybe(big, big maybe) they approve it. Actually, I absolutely don’t think so, but its fun to play around with this idea.

(wolfnemesis75) #3

That’s a good idea! Cool beans. If you are too busy playing Brink, they could always go with Jim Lee. :wink:

(dommafia) #4

hope to see those sketches posted :slight_smile:

(wolfnemesis75) #5

Yeah. Me too. Ah, I remember summers spent creating comic characters. The good ole days when life was simple. :slight_smile:

(.FROST.) #6

Screw Jim Lee, Greg Capullo would be the perfect choice. His mix of gore and cartoony, paired with his extraordinary craftsmanship is unique and would perfectly match Brinks art-style. But I also got something up my sleeve myself. Maybe I can open a poll for the sketches/drawings to come.

(zenstar) #7

There are so many things you could do. So many stories possible even without focussing on the war between security and the resistance. Very rich setting.

Would love to see some backstory to how Bug got to where he is in the AoC DLC intros.

(wolfnemesis75) #8

Yes, you are right. Greg would be great. My bad. I guess I was showing my age. Wildcats. Remember the character with the Anger Mask, Grifter? That’s why I said Jim Lee. Can’t wait to see your sketches, brother. Good stuff. :slight_smile:

(RabidAnubis) #9

Wolf, I expect there to be several brink things, even if they are just machinimas or stories.

I doubt anyone will really use the characters that are there, so I don’t think there would be Fan-Fiction.

(zenstar) #10

[QUOTE=RabidAnubis;365698]Wolf, I expect there to be several brink things, even if they are just machinimas or stories.

I doubt anyone will really use the characters that are there, so I don’t think there would be Fan-Fiction.[/QUOTE]

Rule 34… and on the Ark we all know that means slashfic. This is the real reason we need female characters!

:tongue:

(RabidAnubis) #11

[QUOTE=zenstar;365714]Rule 34… and on the Ark we all know that means slashfic. This is the real reason we need female characters!

:tongue:[/QUOTE]

I couldn’t put anything naughty on the forums though.

Only suggestive things!

(ZionDelhamorte) #12

Good idea Frost i was working on a story myself…i figured no one would want to read it so i was writing it just to read over myself lol I need to finish the sketch of my main Char…an Operative but since i changed his gear wit the new DLC i have to start over

(RabidAnubis) #13

Bring it all out!

I may end up starting a thread with links to all stories and machinimas, and another one for normal game play.

I’m certain I’ll read it, but is it a book or a comic? You said you had pictures!

(wolfnemesis75) #14

Remember when some stuff came packaged with a comic? ah, the good ole days.
Maybe a special edition of Brink packaged with a comic about the Bug.

Brink Novel would be best. Lots of places to delve. Both would take the cake. :slight_smile:

(.FROST.) #15

Here are my first sketches for an Illustration, that will feature my cast of fictional Brink Fems and some ingame items, like turrets, mines, Founders Tower and stuff like that.
The girls are all part of the Resistance

First sketches

Medium Medic

Medium Soldier

Light Operative

Heavy Engineer

(Zekariah) #16

Haha…there’s always a sexy nurse and a dominatrix!

Nice artwork, mate.:slight_smile:

(wolfnemesis75) #17

Brink Fems FTW! :slight_smile:

(.FROST.) #18

I prefer the heavy body types. “Big girls you are beautiful”(not toooo big of course:wink:)

(Unfurl3dRelic) #19

I’ve read the Halo novels, and I honestly think that Brink’s storyline is much more interesting.

However, I think you have to be very, very careful about painting one side as good and one side as bad.

Playing as the Resistance in Reactor, you feel like you’re actually doing good. However, when I played against them as Sec and watched the cutscene, I feel much less like they’re good people.
They’re planning to kill the Ark, and one of them even tells another, “Would you bet your children’s lives on this?”

Again, in Aquarium you get the feeling that either side isn’t really a ‘good’ guy or a ‘bad’ guy. Honestly, one of the soldiers in Aquarium says that just this morning he was making his children breakfast and then he got the call. It’s not painted black and white like other games that handle things like this.

(wolfnemesis75) #20

Yeah, for the most part the two factions are all shades of grey. Save for Reactor and Shipyard. And of course now Founders Tower. The Resistance are terrorists at times, no matter what way you slice it in one shape or form.