Mapping Project: Warring Gods

(Tardis) #1

Duel Objective Map - CTF Based

Axis Objective Descriptions
Steal Seven crates of Gold from the Allies Gold Store

Stop the Allies from stealing the Gold from the Axis Gold Store.

Allied Objective Descriptions
Steal Seven crates of Gold from the Axis Gold Store

Stop the Axis from stealing the Gold from the Allied Gold Store

Screen Shots

After months of testing and tweaking the I’m happy to release a Beta version of the Warring Gods map.

You can download the final map right here: http://www.dbjonescomputers.co.uk/et/warringgods.pk3

This Is My First of my maps to released in the past I was to nervus to release any thing,
So Please Be Nice :wink:

Also Added The Bot Files
http://svn.assembla.com/svn/omnibot/Enemy-Territory/0.8/et/incomplete_navs/priority_maps/warringgods.gm
http://svn.assembla.com/svn/omnibot/Enemy-Territory/0.8/et/incomplete_navs/priority_maps/warringgods.way
http://svn.assembla.com/svn/omnibot/Enemy-Territory/0.8/et/incomplete_navs/priority_maps/warringgods_goals.gm

Distribution / Permissions

[I]This is a Beta of this map and may not be modified in anyway as to appear as a
completed map by anyone else other than the author.

You May Not decompile the BSP as a base to build additional levels.
You may not use any items from this map as prefabs, textures and/ or models.This file may not be commercially exploited in any way. Untill a Final Verson is out. Thanks
[/I]

(KeMoN) #2

Nice job with textures and models of that map. Did you create them by yourself?
I found two things in your map. For both I attached images to this post.

Your water hasn’t got any visible texture from below the water surface.

The waterfalls are smoking which really looks strange. I understand the basic idea behind it but that way it is rather odd.

For your permissions…
I totally understand your concerns for the map-sourcefile, but is it really necessary to prohibit others from using textures and models? As far as I know you can’t really prohibit them anyway…

regards

(eQuilibrium) #3

I like the concept :wink:

(Tardis) #4

I tryed to fix the water shader I am still working on and I am having some problems with it.
(Reading tut’s on shaders as im still new to mapping).

This is only in Beta when the final verson comes out I will make it open for any one to use textures and models including source.I think this is fair as a lot of work has gone in to it.

As for the smoking waterfalls mabie I need to ether remove them or turn the values down if you think it too odd ?.

(eQuilibrium) #5

If they can be turned down in intensity, that would be nice.

(Tardis) #6

Ok I think I have fixed the problems if this ok I will put it in the final Verson of the map.

Please let me know if you think the smoke is ample, or you think I need to add more…

P.S. I would like to ask how do you get maps on spladerladder / wolffiles ect , Thanks in addvance

(stealth6) #7

I attached a few screenshots.

• In the first one the texture is way too bright, I’m thinking it’s missing a lightmap stage (in the shader)?
  • When the doors are open the top is invisible
  • In general the inside of your buildings is waaaaay too bright and there is no logical light source. Aka the rooms are all lit up, but there are no “lights” no torches or anything the player can see. It’s also brighter inside than out!
  • In the 4th screenshot I suggest removing that bottom part, makes it easier to get out of the water, otherwise it’s quite a long swim (not sure if this was intended or not)
  • In the last screenshot try to merge those 2 brushes (Well try to merge all of those brushes on that platform together), atm when you walk around on them it feel s really weird and you can fall off quite easily.

Also there are lot’s of things that bring you higher like the lifts, but no way to get back down without jumping into the water or hurting yourself.

(dutchmeat) #8

Looks ‘Quakish’. Although I’m not too fond of the skybox, it’s looks a bit too realistic/inappropiate with this type of map.

(Tardis) #9

Its a egyptian sky box and the map is baced on that, thank you but the sky box stays.

Working on the Indoor lighting and the other bits you have pointing out thanks stealth.

(Cambodunum) #10

Looks ‘Quakish’. Although I’m not too fond of the skybox, it’s looks a bit too realistic/inappropiate with this type of map.

… i agree with dutchmeat
… greet Cambo

(Tardis) #11

Witch Skybox would make every one happy ??

(stealth6) #12

I think the current skybox looks fine, the only problem is the lighting looks off with this skybox.
The skybox is kind of evening with the sun going down / or coming up?

Anyway there don’t seem to be long shadows on the floor indicating this and it is also too bright for the time of day.

EDIT: so my suggestion is to change the lighting, make it darker and make the shadows cast away from the sun.
Or pick a different skybox where the sun is right above you or a different kind like space or w/e

Also we are just giving you suggestions to improve your map a bit, the most important is if YOU are happy with it. There are always going to be people that don’t like it and other that do.

(Tardis) #13

Thanks Stealth , As a new mapper what you said goes a long way :slight_smile:

P.S Im Working on torches and the lighting - I added to mutch lights in the map OPPS !

(shagileo) #14

[QUOTE=Tardis;365379]

P.S. I would like to ask how do you get maps on spladerladder / wolffiles ect , Thanks in addvance[/QUOTE]

I’ll cover it on TrackBase when you’re done with processing the feedback in - if so - a new version of your map :slight_smile: .

Good luck and happy mapping

(Mateos) #15

I think WolfFiles already has it :slight_smile:

(Tardis) #16

[QUOTE=shagileo;365874]I’ll cover it on TrackBase when you’re done with processing the feedback in - if so - a new version of your map :slight_smile: .

Good luck and happy mapping[/QUOTE]

Thank You - Im working on it :slight_smile:

Indeed it does :wink: :cool:

(FireFly) #17

For a first map it looks very nice, great job !

However I noticed a major -vis problem: when you are at the allied area the engine also draws the axis part of the map.

This can easily be resolved by adjusting the layout of the map…

Adjusting the layout and therefor fixing the -vis stage of your map will probably result in double the fps…

(Mateos) #18

Optimization advices are always welcome for newbies, thanks FireFly :slight_smile:

(Tardis) #19

Indeed Thanks Firefly…

I will look in to changing the lay out so can get a better FPS , though still working on lighting and lifts at the momment.

With the layout photos you have sent is that - level 1 or level 2 or both levels that need changing ?

Do you mean the level 1 corridor ?

(Mateos) #20

For both you can see straight to the other part of the map, so both would need it, so it will cut for both the VIS process, players will only see what they need to see, and FPS will increase a lot.