No hackers huh?

(dozermetal) #1

First off hello to you all. I want to preface my issue with a couple things.

1.) I’m not good at ET, never have been prolly never will be
2.) I enjoy the hell out of this game

/rant on

Ok that said why is it that the general consensus from forums and such I have been to is that hackers do not exist in ET? I just an hour or so in the NF server and experienced the following… when I mention it in a game OH BOY look out man! Ban city!!

I sneak up on someone and shoot them in the head from behind about 6 times…they then spin and shoot me twice and though I have full HP I am the one that dies. (Has happened to me many times)

Shooting someone from a fairly close distances and no hits registering…of course they proceed to shoot me twice or so and I’m dead. This is my biggest complaint because if I have 125 HP and 400XP why is it that someone can shoot me twice with a luger and I die? (Happens constantly)

Is there a “safe list” of servers where I can at least narrow the chances of playing with hackers? Like I said I’m not claiming to be good at this game but it would be nice if things were actually on a level playing field. I am also good enough to know that if I shoot someone 6 times in the head they should probably die.

/rant off

(Destroy666) #2

[QUOTE=dozermetal;363985]
Is there a “safe list” of servers where I can at least narrow the chances of playing with hackers?[/QUOTE]

PunkBuster/SLAC servers.

(ETdemin) #3

Hi!

SLAC only ETPro… Punkbuster for the rest of MODs

:wink:

(UJERebel) #4

No Pb servers with good admins… =)

(hellreturn) #5

I beg to differ.

PB Server with good admins is best.

(.Chris.) #6

I don’t know what forums you’ve been visiting but the general consensus is that they are hackers in ET and they are quite a lot of them.

(UJERebel) #7

[QUOTE=hellreturn;364863]I beg to differ.

PB Server with good admins is best.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion: lag and more problems =)

Well, this is what i’ve experienced so far, i never been kicked with no PB, and with pb, all these useless kicks :frowning:

Well, our server is pretty clean anyway…

It’s a matter of opinion, i like it our way ( probably because thats what i’m used too ^^ )

(hellreturn) #8

I agree it’s a matter of an opinion. No disrespect or offense intended but if I wouldn’t had PB on then one of your clan member would be playing on my server with wallhack or humain aim and I would never know it since human aim cheats or wallhacks are hard to detect.

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-cb4acdf1-vb226487.html

md5 cheat file match.

I hardly ever got kicked on PB enabled server. Only had issues once during last year but then they resolved it.

Just got to run PB Update and PB service update exe and it’s all good. :slight_smile:

(UJERebel) #9

We’ll, thats an easy part for us, beginners server; you are to good. Teamplay server: fragger… enough reasons lool :slight_smile:

But well, doesnt really matter, opinions will always differ xD

(neks) #10

I haven’t read any further than:

[QUOTE=dozermetal;363985]
Ok that said why is it that the general consensus from forums and such I have been to is that hackers do not exist in ET? [/QUOTE]

and I wonder which forum do you read? W:ET, being free, has been suffering from all kind of hax since day 1. It is one the games that has suffered the most from cheating. Actually many say that it is probably what sped up the quasi death of the game (read the current state of the game, not quite dead but nothing compared to what it was back in 2004)

Although Punkbuster tried to keep up, I believe they stopped supporting ET a while ago, hence SLAC, supposed to replace it but it has been received mildly as the main coder is a former developer of bots too.

edit: sigh I just saw Chris’ post lawl

(Patriotqube) #11

Do you know a game that can be compared to what it was 8 years ago? :slight_smile:

to the OP’s question

SLAC is working nice, but seeing that it means all people on the server has to register themselves on a site, d/l the slac themselves and use it, its not really usefull on public servers, i know that there are a few that are doing it, and are having some success by doing it. our public slacserver has been empty from day one, so im not that happy for it :slight_smile:

I would recommend playing on servers that are PB Protected and streamed by PBBand or Punksbusted etc etc. even tho there are a few cheats that can get pass on there, theyll in the end be detected and banned.

Playing on non PB Servers just relying on some selfpronounced admin that claims that he/she can detect all cheats is just…well enough said.

I havent been kicked by punkbuster for ages and i dont have any lag whatsoever caused by PB when im on our servers. So if your on a PB Server and are getting lag because of PB, then its most likely the serveradmin that have done the pb.cfg abit wrong.

IMO