Freedom to change - Class, Weapon, Body, Character

(neg0ne) #1

Sorry guys if i bring this up again. The issue had been discussed in other threads already but there its about other things too. If there already is a thead just about that issue i missed it - sorry.

That said: i was rethinking my opinion on that , played some games and changed my mind.

Actually i think it would be a good idea to increase the freedom of choice if you already are playing on a server.
But i think there need to be some restrtictions or the whole “ability - and charactercusomisation - system” becomes useless.
If you can change everything ( bodytype, Character, weapon, class ) at any time in the game it becomes arbitrary.

So what about:

1. During the match you can change class and weapon - just like it is. If you get stuck with an unapproproate stet of bodytypes and abilities in your Team … ok then…wrong decision made: Deal with it. Make the best out of it.

2. After each map you can choose wich of your characters you want to use for the next map. You cant define Bodytype. It comes with the bodytype you defined for your Char. in customisation-menue.

This would be a compromise between giving more freedem of choice without having to leave the server and not making charactercusomisation arbitrary and useless.

It could also be a way to have more balaced games. I mean when it comes to CC and your on Security … guess what Bodytype/Abilitiy/ Class loadout could help.

(Stormchild) #2

A step in the good direction, for sure ! Seconded.

(NewBlueWorld) #3

I second that too, its so bothersome to have to leave the server just to switch characters. Your idea makes sense, let’s implement it SD! :slight_smile:

(neks) #4

I agree that it would definitely improve the experience to be able to have binds and quick menus (like class menus in ET Pro) to change class and weapons. Changes would be effective at next respawn and the CP keep their use by allowing to change immediately.

Body types and abilities, why not but I don’t see it as as important if we can switch characters between rounds.

you wouldn’t need an UI guy to do that, simple menu would do it, think about it!

(nephandys) #5

Sounds like a good idea to me.

(AmishWarMachine) #6

+1

(agreed)

(Jimmy James) #7

I totally agree with this. You shouldn’t have to leave a server between matches to change characters.

-JJ

(PlanktonFighter) #8

I would rather the option to change character anytime during the match at a Command Post. Not at the end of a match.

For instance I’m in the middle of a match playing as a medic and I look at my team in the scoreboard and there’s already 5 medics on my team. I want to switch to my lvl 21 engineer without leaving the match and then coming back to see the server is full.

I don’t see why we can’t do this?

(SinDonor) #9

[QUOTE=PlanktonFighter;368801]I would rather the option to change character anytime during the match at a Command Post. Not at the end of a match.

For instance I’m in the middle of a match playing as a medic and I look at my team in the scoreboard and there’s already 5 medics on my team. I want to switch to my lvl 21 engineer without leaving the match and then coming back to see the server is full.

I don’t see why we can’t do this?[/QUOTE]

I agree with the OP +1,000,000 especially since I love to use my heavy on D maps, but on O maps, it’s a biotch. So if we go from a D map to an O map, during the warmup screen I would like to switch from my Heavy Soldier to my Light Medic WITHOUT having to backout to Main Menu and potentially lose my spot on the team.

Plankton, the reason we will never get to change characters during the match is that SD doesn’t want that, and they’ve stated it before. If EVERYONE is able to switch to a Character that would best be suited to complete an Obj, then the teamwork aspect breaks down a bit. An entire team would mostly-likely switch to their best Obj-class character instead of just supporting the 1-3 guys whose character is maining those class abilities.

(tokamak) #10

In the end it means less diversity as people would keep going for the combination that suits the particular part of the map rather than requiring to fit their pre-selected combination to the situation at hand.

(PlanktonFighter) #11

Yeah makes sense. But people can still change class to suit an objective, they just don’t have the perks of their character.

And there’s nothing stopping you leaving the server, changing character then coming back. I would rather there
was a class limit e.g. 3 max of every class per team then having the problem of joining a server as a medic then realizing there are already 5 on the team.