my Q3map2 is crash

(DNA) #1

when i open it,it always crash:mad:
how can i settle this problem,thanks:stroggbanana:

(DNA) #2

OH…my photo had error,this is the other one

(UJERebel) #3

Looks to me that Radiant is not sending any parameters to q3map… could you show the radiant log when you compile? thx

(DNA) #4

yes,but where is the radiant log ,and i don’t understand how to send parameters to q3map,thanks:)

(UJERebel) #5

Radiant log is normally show at the bottom of the program, maybe its hidden…

I guess: view/windows/show log or something

And about the parameters: normally it will be smth like this ( just made up): q3map.exe -map:Mymap.bsp -light:true -…

To let q3map know what to do…
I think these are getting messed up because q3map is telling how to pass these parameters correct…

(DNA) #6

i still can’t solve this problem,i think i will go mad:mad:,but thanks for your help:stroggtapir:

(UJERebel) #7

You just open the q3map2 ? :s

You can’t open it, you have to open it with the correct parameters…

(Loffy) #8

Hi!

When you say

when i open it,it always crash

what do you mean by “open it”? Could you tell us what you are doing please? Are you, for example, trying to start q3map2 from inside the editor radiant 1.4? Or are you using a batch file to try and start q3map2?

(obsidian) #9

I think he’s just double clicking on the icon (which is not how it works).

Q3Map2 is a command line program, it does not have an interface. In order for it to work, you have to pass it some instructions, either through the GtkRadiant interface, through the command prompt, or by writing a batch file. I usually use a batch file, it should look something like this, saved to a text file with a .bat extension:

C:\path o\q3map2.exe -meta -v C:\path o\mymap.map
C:\path o\q3map2.exe -vis -v C:\path o\mymap.map
C:\path o\q3map2.exe -light -fast -patchshadows -v C:\path o\mymap.map

Obviously, change “path o” to where the actual files are located.

(UJERebel) #10

Lol, 3 times in a row the same thing, always getting more detailed=) hopefully this solves it lol

(DNA) #11

[QUOTE=obsidian;363477]I think he’s just double clicking on the icon (which is not how it works).

Q3Map2 is a command line program, it does not have an interface. In order for it to work, you have to pass it some instructions, either through the GtkRadiant interface, through the command prompt, or by writing a batch file. I usually use a batch file, it should look something like this, saved to a text file with a .bat extension:

C:\path o\q3map2.exe -meta -v C:\path o\mymap.map
C:\path o\q3map2.exe -vis -v C:\path o\mymap.map
C:\path o\q3map2.exe -light -fast -patchshadows -v C:\path o\mymap.map

Obviously, change “path o” to where the actual files are located.[/QUOTE]

i click q3map2.exe from inside GtkRadiant-1.4 document

how can i use this batch file,i copy your parameters,and use my file location,i click it,but nothing happen,what can i do
and thanks everybody:)

(UJERebel) #12

You best compile from within radiant, radiant will mak the parameters, call the right thing,…

and the batch file needs to be .bat i think

(obsidian) #13

Maybe you should just stick to the “build” menu inside GtkRadiant.

(DNA) #14

i want use q3map2 to make .ass files,is it right?

(UJERebel) #15

As far as i know, no, i goggled .ass a bit, and found nothing that leads me to q3map3, sorry.

(DNA) #16

it doesn’t matter,thanks for everybody’s help,so i will solve it in myself:penguin: