pre-order bonuses

(-Badger-) #1

OK so gamestop you get doom skins, PC gets their own set of gear. but D2D just amped it up with a copy of Fallout:New Vegas.

Can the few of us who have had the pre-order for over 6 months get some love?? I was gonna get this game regardless and bought almost as soon as it was available on steam, almost (i think i waited a month or 2; but its still been over 6 months for me, back in sept-oct). It just seems that all the hesitant pre-orders are being reeled in with these specials and those who have been faithful to SD and ET are just another end-user with the herd.

(tokamak) #2

You can cancel your order on Steam by contacting support.

(Maawdawg) #3

That is a direct2drive deal they did on their own most likely to get an edge in sales over Steam, or possibly something they worked out with Bethesda on the side. It isn’t SD who decided to give a discounted copy of another developer’s game away with theirs. If that added piece is something you really want drop your Steam order and order at D2D. It isn’t like it is a giveaway, it is a bundle.

A preorder is a preorder, it is crazy enough that there are so many different ones now. Do we really need all these different ones plus different ones for different preorder timeframes too? Take solace in the fact that you liked the game early (if it means anything), you are supporting a company and a game you like, and other people are too.

Just enjoy the game when it hits like everyone else who is preordering and don’t worry about what everyone else has. Like it or not you are just “one of the herd”, we all are. There are no special individual snowflakes in the world of preorders.

(Kneepad) #4

I couldn’t have said it better my self. What ever happened to crossing your fingers when you got off work/out of school there would still be a copy there for you to pick up?

Gamers these days are pampered enough with simply being able to pre-order and reserve a game for themselves, this exclusive bonus stuff is just way over the top.

(madoule) #5

i am plain lazy! just got it over steam! its easy, it is THE option to get it as early as possible and has the smallest chance of hiccups such as the delivery guy run over by a bus, DVD shattered delivery guy dead…

(riptide) #6

Actually the way to get it as early as possible would be to go to Wal-Mart or a Gamestop/EB games with a midnight release (at least in the US)

Now I have a question… can I pre-order on steam and still get the bonus applied to my account but give away the key or is it tied to my account too?

(madoule) #7

you guys have some nice stuff, we in europe wouldn’t even think of… anyhow with the pre-load (in the US), steam would still be earlier and easier.

regarding you question, i’m pretty sure you can not do stuff like that. makes no sense because the bonus is part of the purchase (including license and attached key)

(riptide) #8

[QUOTE=madoule;286948]you guys have some nice stuff, we in europe wouldn’t even think of… anyhow with the pre-load (in the US), steam would still be earlier and easier.

regarding you question, i’m pretty sure you can not do stuff like that. makes no sense because the bonus is part of the purchase (including license and attached key)[/QUOTE]

I guess I’m asking if the pre-order on steam comes with a separate key for the bonus stuff or if it’s tied to the CD-KEY.

(madoule) #9

ahh, now rephrased that got me thinking, you are talking a sort of voucher, coupon, being sent WITH the game key, right? — well it seems possible…
tho i reckon for pure steam pre-orders they have an easier solution, with the already incorporated/unlocked bonus stuff. (at least that seems imaginable and possible)