When is the DLC Coming?

(Got2ball) #1

Soooo what the hell happend to the DLC that was coming go pushed back twice and have not heard anything about when it is being released now.

(nephandys) #2

The cert process keeps turning up bugs according to Rahdo. So it’s still wait and see.

(xTriXxy) #3

i lost my optimism here

(Got2ball) #4

Really wow seems like they really dropped the ball on supporting Brink post release. The promised DLC multiple times on certain dates then did not meet those dates. Also nothing has been done to improve the matchmaking which is horrible.

(nephandys) #5

I don’t think you’re the only one.

@Got2Ball - yeah it makes me wonder about their abilities when they appear to have failed cert more than once. Maybe they were just rushing to get it to cert? Who knows. Sadly the people impacted the worst are probably the PC players and that’s the last thing they need atm.

(taodemon) #6

It sucks that they are trying to release it on all 3 platforms at once which delays PC because of MS/Sony cert process.:mad:

(gooey79) #7

Don’t worry. As a thanks for the issues getting the first DLC out, they’ll give the community a thanks by making the next DLC after that free for two weeks also.

Lol.

(Bittermetal) #8

Badman made mention that MTV’s 30th release speculation for the DLC should not be taken seriously if it has not been posted on SD or Bethblog websites. Well here it is the 22nd. Just 8 days from MTV being right.

Please don’t make MTV’s claims out to be true. That would kill my hope for gaming

(Bittermetal) #9

But they had not problem giving the consoles a working stats site before PC. That’s so disheartening!

(Got2ball) #10

This is just a bit ridiculous to be honest. The tell us DLC is coming out on 2-3 separate dates then fail to deliver. On top of this there lack of progress addressing the matchmaking issues so we don’t have to wait 50min to get into a semi-full room and implementing a party system so players can stay together and not try and re-group when backing out a room.

We have all been really patient and it’s just getting ridiculous seriously players shouldn’t have to freaking join text chat rooms in order to get into a decent room because the in game matchmaking is so bad. How about you fix that while you keep dragging us along with this DLC???

(SinDonor) #11

Rahdo didn’t say it was failing the MS/Sony cert, just that there are bugs popping up delaying it. The bugs might have been found by SD, not MS/Sony.

When I was at EA, we found a major issue (I think it was some sort of legalese issue in the credits) while one of our games was in cert, so we had to stop the cert and deliver an updated build. That meant MS/Sony had to start all over again with the cert test plans/checklist.

It’s a bummer, but it’s better than delivering a build with major bugs/crashes in it.

On a side note, I played for a few hours last night and still had fun leveling up my Medic to lvl 20. Crazy, right?

(BomBaKlaK) #12

MTV claims are true ! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Shinigami) #13

my honest opinion…not coming in july

i think that if they knew the release date they would announce it at least a week in advance. Also, since the dlcs come out on tuesdays, the fact that they havent announced it, it probably wont come next tuesday. maybe the following tuesday, but then that would be august.

(Breo) #14

June or early July 2012 :tongue:

(Bittermetal) #15

[QUOTE=Shinigami;359949]my honest opinion…not coming in july

i think that if they knew the release date they would announce it at least a week in advance. Also, since the dlcs come out on tuesdays, the fact that they havent announced it, it probably wont come next tuesday. maybe the following tuesday, but then that would be august.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think they are into announcing anything. I believe the DLC will launch someday with no warning. That seems to be the way they are doing things. But that’s odd to say the least when so many other companies announce their DLC ahead of time.

Not the bigges BLOPS fan but I appreciate their consistent DLC launches and they announce them 3wks - a month in advance.

But if the DLC is free there is really no reason to announce ahead of time

Yet this DLC has a 2wk timestamp before it becomes paid. With that in mind, it seems paramount thay SD and Beth give proper lead time for consumers.

(BROTOX) #16

So ultimately the fault does lie with SD for making a rushed buggy DLC and then aggravating the situation with their lack of communication.

THIS IS NOT HOW YOU SAY “I’M SORRY”!
IF THIS IS HOW YOU APOLOGIZE TO THE COMMUNITY
THEN YOU NEED TO APOLOGIZE FOR YOUR APOLOGY
BECAUSE THIS IS JUST WRONG.

(neks) #17

dude, I wish you and so many other people would just think before they press ‘submit reply’

(SinDonor) #18

AAAAAAARGH!!! The “caps lock” key solves all problems!

(Terminator514) #19

The DLC has an official release date of WHENT IT’S DONE, which I believe to be sometime next year.

(NthLegion) #20

From the Rhado’s words thread:

We will get an announcement, but at this point I don’t expect to see the DLC before mid-August.