Quakecon 2011 news

(Impulse_) #1

Did you guys hear the news?

The Brink Open Tournament
Available for up to sixteen (16) teams of amateurs with five players per team, the Brink Open will offer up-and-coming competitors a taste of the excitement and pressure of professional gaming. Battling for prizes ranging from top of the line video cards to autographed copies of Brink, players will compete in a stopwatch single elimination bracket. Matches for the Brink Open Tournament will feature Aquarium, Resort, and Terminal.

Source: http://www.quakecon.org/

LMFAO!!!

Enjoy your signed copies of brink.

/uninstalled:penguin:

(Azev2000) #2

[QUOTE=Impulse_;358209]Did you guys hear the news?

The Brink Open Tournament
Available for up to sixteen (16) teams of amateurs with five players per team, the Brink Open will offer up-and-coming competitors a taste of the excitement and pressure of professional gaming. Battling for prizes ranging from top of the line video cards to autographed copies of Brink, players will compete in a stopwatch single elimination bracket. Matches for the Brink Open Tournament will feature Aquarium, Resort, and Terminal.

Source: http://www.quakecon.org/

LMFAO!!!

Enjoy your signed copies of brink.

/uninstalled:penguin:[/QUOTE]

Its for amatuers. At least you have the chance of getting a 5-600 dollar video card for each one of the team members. The pros get cash prizes. Not sure how many pros actually play brink but thats for another thread.

(Verticae) #3

If any still did, there’s be a huge sponsored tournament announced instead. QuakeCon is one of the biggest (NA) events for professional gaming.

(BMXer) #4

They tweeted that Reactor was in the map pool but today’s announcement says Resort… Typo or what?

(Impulse_) #5

there is no pro tournament… this is IT! They don’t consider Brink players “pro” LMAO.

(coolstory) #6

Cool, I hope brinks comp. ready by quakecon. Perfect time for brink to revive itself…hopefully there will be really interesting matches.

Is brink.tv covering this?

(OnceWasGreat) #7

To taste the excitement and pressure of professional gaming you need a competitive game.

:rolleyes:

(Impulse_) #8

[QUOTE=OnceWasGreat;358244]To taste the excitement and pressure of professional gaming you need a competitive game.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I’ve had my share of competitive scenes :slight_smile: The game is FULLY capable of being played at a high level… The problem is SD and thats the reason it won’t be played at Quakecon this year at a high level.

(blazen) #9

They should use ATI Cards for the prizes…just for the lawlz.

(Impulse_) #10

lmao… how fitting would that be? autographed copy of brink along with ATI top-end video cards that give you 20 fps. would be hilarious!

(TheG4mer) #11

I bet the whole Brink tournament will be played on ATI PCs :smiley:

“autographed copies of Brink” ? Lol this is the way you discourage players. I wouldn’t even play public for a Brink copy.

But still I think, some low Teams who never competed in any tournaments will go there and get some prizes by luck.

(OnceWasGreat) #12

Me too. But the potential, sadly, doesnt make a game a great one.

(ziporco) #13

always vitriolic but true :slight_smile:

mandocazzosietefinititueork?

(BMXer) #14

On the topic of Quakecon 2011 news, the finals will be played on a map that no one has ever seen or played! Labs, the DLC map get release Aug.3rd. Thats the day before Quakecon begins. Most people will be traveling or already at the hotel by Aug. 3rd.

And not a single PC fix or change in the DLC changelog… RIP Brink.

(DonkeyDong) #15

[QUOTE=BMXer;362163]On the topic of Quakecon 2011 news, the finals will be played on a map that no one has ever seen or played! Labs, the DLC map get release Aug.3rd. Thats the day before Quakecon begins. Most people will be traveling or already at the hotel by Aug. 3rd.

And not a single PC fix or change in the DLC changelog… RIP Brink.[/QUOTE]

Brink was already dead… just was a zombie that still needed to be put down.

(Rex) #16

I would give it a headshot with my SniperRifle from ETQW!

(Verticae) #17

You’re suggesting you can aim now? :stuck_out_tongue:

(BMXer) #18

I am pretty sure he is referring the pre-1.2 ETQW sniper rifle ;).

(ziporco) #19

prizes are the original and autographed “programming for dummies”
sd is hiring needs new talents

(CoFran) #20

still… it’s happening

http://tournaments.quakecon.org/?page=stem_schedule&stageid=4248