OpenWolf

(Dushan) #1

Hi!.
I have created separated topic for OpenWolf project.
And uploaded on ftp my latest stable compiled of x86 and x64 build of OpenWolf.
I have managed to make OpenWolf full x64 capable with loading for x64bit mods.

This is my latest stable build
NOTE : Mods don’t work, so you cannot log in into other servers, omni-bots are not x64 compatible so they will result game crash if you host game with omni-bots.

EDIT : Sorry. Didn’t add description :).
This is my fork of ETXreaL (or based on the open sourced Enemy Territory source code, combined with the Xreal rendering engine) How you like it :slight_smile:
While ET:XreaL is only updating renderer engine and textures, I focused on all other parts of engine that need to be updated and improved. Many of improvements are used from ioQuake3, some from XreaL. But many other features are unique and would/will help system administrators.

http://89.212.52.22/ETXreal/OpenWolf_x32.zip

http://89.212.52.22/ETXreal/OpenWolf_x64.zip

(zbzero) #2

I try to load it and start a local server and didnt work for me!!
Can you please explain how to get it working??
Its necessary all default files from the deafault ET?
Its necessary start a local server and join it?
need to configure a server, whats the default cvars?
I got various different problems when i try run it!!!

(Mateos) #3

Since you made a separated thread, could be good to add much description in the first post :slight_smile:

(Dushan) #4

[QUOTE=zbzero;354935]I try to load it and start a local server and didnt work for me!!
Can you please explain how to get it working??
Its necessary all default files from the deafault ET?
Its necessary start a local server and join it?
need to configure a server, whats the default cvars?
I got various different problems when i try run it!!![/QUOTE]

You still need regular and default files from ET to start game, and ofc you need to start local server if you want to test :slight_smile:
Extract files inside your root ET folder (overwrite files if they are some) … start -> host & test :slight_smile:
Cvars that I added in OpenWolf I didnt documented yet, but all other standard ETMAIN cvars will work.

I also added cpu utilization features in “status” command. Now we can get full collect timing statistics for cpu and average response time from server

EDIT: One more photo (28% of CPU on my quad core) with 19 bots

EDIT #2: One more photo (84% of CPU on my quad core) with 63 bots

(etwolfmod) #5

awesome! I’ll try this out in my et install!

(daz2007) #6

Doesn’t Work with No Quarters :frowning: or on any servers, any chance to make a Branch of this with Only VBO/SMP/SSE2 and nothing else. That would be Awesome.

(Dushan) #7

I posted NOTE in first post. Mods don’t work so far. I can provide patch for ETPub and make it compatible with OpenWolf …
For branch :slight_smile: am waiting for IDTech4 :slight_smile:

(Infinitypl123) #8

http://www.gamesboard.pl/openwolf/OpenWolf_x32.zip
http://www.gamesboard.pl/openwolf/OpenWolf_x64.zip

New mirrors :wink:

(Runeforce) #9

Sorry for being so pedantic, but you forgot to point at the source (or I missed it in the package.)

(Dushan) #10

You can find it at assembla page http://trac.assembla.com/xreal-et/

(daz2007) #11

[QUOTE=Dushan;355128]I posted NOTE in first post. Mods don’t work so far. I can provide patch for ETPub and make it compatible with OpenWolf …
For branch :slight_smile: am waiting for IDTech4 :)[/QUOTE]

If IDTech4 is Released it Makes more Sense to Port the Game Code to Doom3 and leave it a Pure IDTech4 Renderer and don’t Spoil John Carmacks Genius with Amateur Coders.

You already Broke IDTech3, try not to Brake IDTech4

(RazorKiller) #12

[QUOTE=daz2007;355229]If IDTech4 is Released it Makes more Sense to Port the Game Code to Doom3 and leave it a Pure IDTech4 Renderer and don’t Spoil John Carmacks Genius with Amateur Coders.

You already Broke IDTech3, try not to Brake IDTech4[/QUOTE]

Daz2007 you are n00b in right meaning of that word. Please don’t talk about stuff that you dont know. For me you look like troll and nothing else. You don’t have valid opinion about anything. Your logic is based that here IDTech3 code is broken because mods arent working??? Wow… you are kid, at least you can learn something before you post.
P.S. I saw your ETGold project, why you dont try to continue developing that. OpenWolf based on ioQuake3 and XreaL code, again it have something that others dont have …

But please Daz2007, don’t be troll and talk about stuff that you don’t know. At least I believe that this topic isn’t created for trolling and attacking anybody. You will not get others to think more or less by attacking anybody or continue to troll around.
Please don’t think about this troll and continue with getting ET on road and bringing new features to it.

Thanks

(Dushan) #13

It’s OK, Really.
Nobody should judge anybody and everybody have right on their opinion, no-mater is it right or wrong.
If others don’t respect that I respect it.

(daz2007) #14

[QUOTE=RazorKiller;355249]Daz2007 you are n00b in right meaning of that word. Please don’t talk about stuff that you dont know. For me you look like troll and nothing else. You don’t have valid opinion about anything. Your logic is based that here IDTech3 code is broken because mods arent working??? Wow… you are kid, at least you can learn something before you post.
P.S. I saw your ETGold project, why you dont try to continue developing that. OpenWolf based on ioQuake3 and XreaL code, again it have something that others dont have …

But please Daz2007, don’t be troll and talk about stuff that you don’t know. At least I believe that this topic isn’t created for trolling and attacking anybody. You will not get others to think more or less by attacking anybody or continue to troll around.
Please don’t think about this troll and continue with getting ET on road and bringing new features to it.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Open Wolf doesn’t Seem to be Going Anywhere, The Only things I See on the Timeline is Dushan fattening up ET with Libraries like SDL/OpenAl/FreeBSD/DragonFly/OpenSSL/Ruby/Newton plus a load more, and no Pure programming.

Why Not Ditch the ET Engine all together and use a Game Engine that is Already Done up like the Source Engine, The Source Engine is the Best Engine, and is very Ideal for a Successor to ET, the Modding Community is Huge compared to et.

Team Fortress 2 is Free, Why not make a ET Successor out of that, Team Fortress I is in reality the predecessor to ET, So make a ET Successor out of TF2

The is also a Way Around Porting ET Maps to Hammer, Possibilities are there.

(Runeforce) #15

Umm, since ET is under GPL and Source is proprietary? Why switch to an engine you have no control over, like Source, when you have full control over over the ET engine?

(daz2007) #16

Exactly

The Source Engine has Decent Graphics, Networking, Huge Steam Community, Anti-Cheat Technology, better Everything and you have no one to Fiddle with the Engine as its nice and Closed.

With the ET Engine, Its Open and there is no Anti-Cheat Technology, its Slow, old, very Prone to hackers

(Runeforce) #17

Ah yes, I see. You are using Windows!

Why do you want the community to build upon, what it doesn’t own?

What do you call “pure server” then? Slow and old? Sounds like you havn’t looked proberly at Xreal.

(daz2007) #18

[QUOTE=lakersforce;355325]Ah yes, I see. You are using Windows!

Why do you want the community to build upon, what it doesn’t own?[/QUOTE]

Statistics - Team Fortess II is the Most Popular Game on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Even lots of Peeps from my old Clan that are on xfire are Playing Team Fortress II

Just Saying, TFII + ET = :slight_smile:

If you dont have Players, you dont have a multiplayer game

(daz2007) #19

Multiplayers Games Should Always Focus on Speed Rather then Graphics, Building a DX11 Class Engine for ET makes no Sense, it will make the Community Smaller, If you have a Low End PC then bye bye Xreal.

Xreal/Open Territory has No Anti-Cheat Technology, not even Punkbuster, How Will Servers Manage.

the ET Binaries are Open Source, you can build your own Version there and take the Cheat flag away from cvars and Play with Cheats on any Server e.g. r_wolffog “0”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Anti-Cheat!!!

(RazorKiller) #20

You know that Open Territory isnt developing anymore, and that last comment was on 2010-10-26? Maybe that missed you but learn something I beg you, and this is topic for OpenWolf. And that only two active projects are OpenWolf and ETXreaL?

And I want to share one photo with all you. Sorry Dushan, I censored much of photo, “friend” show to me

Sorry again