BRINK: All the bugs i found

(alberto) #1

I’ll update this thread daily

I start with a problem that everyone has with S.M.A.R.T

S.M.A.R.T system is supposed to help new players to feel confortable with the game and the parkour moves. The problem is that maps aren’t really polished so the S.M.A.R.T system result bugged. I filmed 2 of thousand problems of this game. Look at the moves of my character, It shakes when it runs on the stairs or find little obstacles like a relief. This cause the S.M.A.R.T isn’t smart at all and calculate a relief like a wall. Result ----> earthquaAAAAAAAAke!!!

How to solve? Mappers have to polish next new maps and SD have to remove the automatism of S.M.A.R.T. Manual parkour should be good enough to baypass this BIG problem.

(alberto) #2

Ghost hand apart, in this video I wanna show you a common bug with other First Person Shooters. When you reload your weapon, the reload’s animation starts normally but if you hit the button “fire” during this action, the animation stops and magically you can shoot like the load was still inserted in its place. To be honest, it doesnt bother me at all but it’s a big advantage. Tha’s why in all other FPS this bug was fixed.

(alberto) #3

In this video I show that AI is really bad and totally unflexible. Bots are smart like savoy cabbages.

It happens many times that bot team mates have no idea about what they have to do in many situations. Like in this case, when the engineer “Weinhandler” should help “Steidel” to defuse the charge but it stucks, watching the blue skies.

(FireWorks) #4

While you had some interesting posts in the general forum this here is just odd. I mean you post videos about gameplay decisions? Firing to abort reload aint a bug, it adds to dynamic playing.

(alberto) #5

(kilL_888) #6

thanks for your efforts.

i would like to see some more player interaction glitches in future videos. take the operative’s disguise, its the best example how bugged the interaction is.

on a side note… is it a bug or a feature that when i plant the hacking device and sprint away from it, it switches to my weapon instead of the mobile hacking device. so i have to run back to the device, hit use key to equip mobile hacking device again.

(alberto) #7

In this video i show you how bugged is the S.M.A.R.T system for personal abilities. I am wearing the clothes of an operative (spy). I plant my hackbox and i try to escape in a safer place BUT i can’t cause i am hooked up by the hackbox like it was a magnet and i were made of iron. The result is that i am uncovered and i die. Another situation that can happen in Brink, is when some enemies bodies are around the objective. MOST OF THE TIME, happens that the operative starts to wear enemies’ clothes instead plant the hackbox. Result is operative dies and the hackbox can’t be planted. In Brink seconds are precious and you waste alot of time with this S.M.A.R.T. thing. All abilities hare bugged this way. And, in my opinion this is the worst thing in this game. It’s made to help but it only annoys people during the matches.

My personal solution? Remove the “autopilot” from all characters and let people move freely and show their own abilities and skills.

(zenoldc) #8

I wonder if devs read this.

You are a good playtester, they should either hire you to find bugs, or at least read your threads and fix this stuff.