Are you really going to Quakecon?

(Cyan) #1

It must be some sort of a joke, right? Why would they want the world to see the game known as Brink - at its current state at least?

Taking the game to one of the biggest eSport events (and most prestigious) in the world would be PR suicide. Now, i might just be angry because i feel like you took my 60 bucks and left me with a half arsed crappy console shooter, but mark my words. Nothing good will come from brinks Quakecon tournament. Hell, i would be surprised if more than 5 teams showed up and if we are going to see any freelance streams, the game will be mocked and laughed at.

Its gonna be a threat watching 90% of the matches ending with full holds.

Fix your game, fix whats left at least. :stroggtapir:

http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=column&mode=item&id=574

(Cynix) #2

Because Brink isn’t going to change much from its current state and you can’t commit suicide if you’re already dead.

By Quakecon the defensive spawns will have been increased by 10s, which ideally will reduce the number of full holds.

(Verticae) #3

Nice article dawg

Oh wai-

(Slade05) #4

Oh my god, this game was made for pub play!11!!!

(DonkeyDong) #5

Pretty sure that you can commit suicide if you’re dead. I swear I seen it on Supernatural…

(coolstory) #6

Zombie trying to suicide??

(xTriXxy) #7

hm… paid to be there?

(hly) #8

Prize lists needs to be announced ASAPS :slight_smile:

(NoAim) #9

I heard the prize is leftover Wolfenstein 2009 posters…

(IntenseIndulgence) #10

Are any teams/organizations actually going to Quakecon? Like sponsored teams?

I figured, due to the current popularity, the tournament would basically be a open-to-all stage tournament with some tacked-on prizes.

(.Chris.) #11

If they have a bigger enough prize the big teams will go I would assume, you don’t have to like a game that much to win lots of money.

(alberto) #12

SD= Kamikaze

I wouldn’t go to quakecon with a game as it is now. Quakecon is the essence of competitivity.
Personal tastes apart, Brink’s not a competitive game.

Personal skills are leveled to 0 with “automatic pilot” ; Quakecon is where you show your skills.
Once upon a time, there was a great weapon: carb-9. They nerfed it instead buff all other weapons. Result is you play dices when you shoot. ; Quakecon is where you proof that you are a great aimer.
Team play isn’t enough to win cause maps are unbalanced ; Quakecon is the reign of team play.

As you can see, brink doesn’t fit with quakecon.
Maybe if they fix it. Bah! You know it’s a dream. They don’t listen to anyone :smiley:

(Rex) #13

Quakecon has become a LAN without any games. I mean only Quakelive? It isn’t worth to visit a LAN with just one game.
I don’t think the top EU Brink teams will go there.
And to answer the question: I won’t go. (The only reason to visit it would be Rage, but watching the trailers on the internet is much cheaper :D)

(Kendle) #14

What a sad state of affairs for Quakecon :frowning:

I remember 2002 / 3 watching RTCW on WTV as the greatest teams to ever grace the game battled it out, with the incredible Warwitch shoutcasting it felt like you were watching true gladiators competing at the very top of their sport.

Fast forward to 2011 and a game that’s a joke in the comp scene, with teams in ESL not even playing practise matches despite 15,000 EURO being on offer, what a sad, sad, decline for this once great tournament. :frowning:

edit: Is QuakeCon 2011 with Brink going to produce anything like this :-

Don’t think so :frowning:

(Cynix) #15

The tournament is an open tournament. The prizes are no where near enough to attract teams who are only interested in money. We expect about a 3k prize pool split between 1st, 2nd and 3rd. This wouldn’t even cover the cost of attending quake on for most teams.

(Darksider) #16

It’s an Open tournament for Brink, Not an quote on quote official team based tournament. Quakecon will have Rage, Prey2 and Skyrim demo live for people to play on the showroom floor.

(DonkeyDong) #17

[QUOTE=Kendle;354426]

edit: Is QuakeCon 2011 with Brink going to produce anything like this :-

Don’t think so :([/QUOTE]

You are right. I think if you play circus music and show Greased trying to find his way through terminal would be more accurate.

Not saying Greased is anything less then 1st class,… but you can only do so much…

(DonkeyDong) #18

Maybe they should have a Demo Tourny? Who can finish a demo the fastest or with the most xp…

(etwolfmod) #19

Anyone want to play minecraft on quakecon?

(Thundermuffin) #20

What about that minecraft style game with guns? We could build castles and make our own objectives inside of them!