no sound bug, invisible player bug with latest patch

(neks) #1

title says it all, what do you guys need?

last night, a player (human) was invisible all the time and wouldn’t show on my scoreboard. the console was showing a recurring error about some model that couldn’t be loaded but I don’t know if it was related so I didn’t do a condump.

bug sound still occuring, very annoying at this point.
although sometimes all the ambiance sounds are turned down significantly or even completely, leaving just the voices.

(Je T´aime) #2

Old bugs and no fix yet :z, but those bugs here present in brink since day 1 ,i suspect the patch as nothing to do.

(FireWorks) #3

Workaround: Reconnecting

They patched this issue already but didnt fix it completely.

If you get invisible enemies, you best reconnect. The sound would drop afterwards anyway.

(Rosie the Riveter) #4

Yes the sound loss is still happening to some players
They can still transmit in voice but cant hear us
They lose all game sound

Doesn’t happen to everyone on the server but to those it does effec.t it happens almost simultaneously

(General_Zod) #5

Yes I’ve had invisible players. So far I’ve seen in most with downed teammates and then usually I lose sound until disconnect/next map.

(montheponies) #6

Is there a fix for this coming - played a round today where one player on the opposing team only ‘appeared’ when he was killed by one of my team (so presumably not invisible to everyone…) - also didnt show on the scoreboard.