Any news for ATI/AMD FPS fixes?

(Maggost) #1

Hello guys.

I love Brink, but i cant play with those FPS drops or low framerate and i would like to know if someone knew about any recent fixes for FPS boost or something like that? i tried some Catalists versions and its the same stuff.

I will post just in case my system specs:

AMD Phenom II 1090T @ 3.2Ghz
4Gb DDR3 Corsair
HIS AMD 6950 2Gb (11.6 drivers)
2Tb HDD

I tried lower settings and lower resolutions, high settings and high resolutions, the results are the same, 15-30 FPS average (in some cases reachs 60 in a empty server).

EDIT: it seems that the NA servers are always empty, that is sad.

(Maggost) #2

Great, please an admin can move this thread to the right location?

I am sorry.

(Smoochy) #3

[QUOTE=Maggost;352310]Great, please an admin can move this thread to the right location?

I am sorry.[/QUOTE]

you are in it now.

unfortunately ATI seem to have never bothered with brink. i tried for 3 weeks to get my 6970 to work well. 17-200fps is just too erratic.

how long ago did you buy it? i managed to get mine refunded.

(cl0k) #4

SD and AMD kill the game lot of ppl buy AMD cards, its SD fault to worry about them (talk with AMD for fix the problems or help AMD to try to fix them ) none of them do anything and the game is already dead, check the steam stats… in like 4-6 month no one will play it

(bluefoot) #5

Make sure that you have disabled Ambient Occlusion …

(Maggost) #6

i cant get a refund and i dont want, because i love the 6950, i can run any game so smooth but Brink gives me headache so bad.

(Smoochy) #7

well, brink was the only game i was playing so for me it was an easy decision. i know what you mean though, as ATI is better value for money than nvidia. i just think nvidia drivers are just better.