Several questions about ET:QW

(BackSnip3) #1

How to make a shadowcasting spotlight? I went through this problem went I tried making one, using a light with “projected” “1” doesn’t cast shadows. This is quite boring. Especially when I see that doom3 flashlight is casting shadows, as well as the Badger(armadillo) frontlights in the Quake Wars Brace mod. Also I went to see this: http://www.iddevnet.com/doom3/editor_light.php
But it doesn’t works. And the SD wiki just tells nothing about lighting, that’s real pitty.

I got other questions: how do I make an IK work on the legs of a rigged character? Tried this doom3 id wiki but it does nothing or at least I don’t see it!
How do I attach a light entity to another entity that’s moving, for example in an animated figure (a lamp with a moving cable) like in doom3:

(m0nsta) #2

I am not a scripter or dev or something, but have you tried looking at the jumppads? They seem to produce overall glowing. Good luck

(Violator) #3

Projected lights (‘Projected’ = true) cast shadows for me provided ‘Don’t cast shadows’ is unticked (the default) in the light editor. Pretty sure you can’t parent lights to moving objects in ET:QW. Movers are a non-starter (except for doors).

(BackSnip3) #4

Don’t know what is wrong with me :frowning: I create a light and tick projected, and nothing else, and it doesn’t casts shadows. WHY? :frowning:

When I create a spotlight, it sometimes say it has bad target info.

I asked Pegazus to create one and he said he didn’t cast shadows either. What could be wrong with it?