Brink is now free .... ?

(sparky) #1

If you go to your Steam program, click on News, the news that appears for me as of today at 4:37pm says the following in the last paragraph…

It's reappeared just in time, as the new DLC is set to arrive sometime this month. When that hits, the game will go free for two weeks to celebrate. The game's currently 25% off at £22.49.

I don’t have an ounce of trust anymore in SD, not one more ounce so I believe they will ‘clarify’ what they meant. They will change the wording around and put down, “Yeah what we meant was the DLC for the [game], yeah, yeah, that’s the ticket…”

The author says that it comes from PCGAMER magazine but published on STEAM, does that validate it any?

discuss

(Bittermetal) #2

[QUOTE=sparky;349808]If you go to your Steam program, click on News, the news that appears for me as of today at 4:37pm says the following in the last paragraph…

It's reappeared just in time, as the new DLC is set to arrive sometime this month. When that hits, the game will go free for two weeks to celebrate. The game's currently 25% off at £22.49.

I don’t have an ounce of trust anymore in SD, not one more ounce so I believe they will ‘clarify’ what they meant. They will change the wording around and put down, “Yeah what we meant was the DLC for the [game], yeah, yeah, that’s the ticket…”

discuss[/QUOTE]

I believe that quote was from PC Gamer. Steam now just picks up game news from around the internet. Its not from STEAM or SD. But clarification is needed. I have the game and I understand at least DLC will be free for the first 2 weeks. So that’s all, I am personally interested in. But I will reblog any surprising clarification, if it comes.

(Mr. Magikarp) #3

That’s PCGAMER’s misunderstanding. If you find the actual blog post, they specifically state that it’s the DLC that will be free for 2 weeks.

(sparky) #4

what’s the url for your blog?

(Bittermetal) #5

www.evga.com/gaming

(Darksider) #6

The official Blog for Brink.

(Bittermetal) #7

[QUOTE=Darksider;349815]The official Blog for Brink.
http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/06/24/update-on-brink-dlc-title-updates-and-new-screenshots/[/QUOTE]

You know I noticed news goes up here on the SD site quicker and more regularly than up on the Bethblog. But once it hits either site, I reblog on Evga.

(FireWorks) #8

badman already clarified that this is a mixup on the other thread to this “news”:
http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?p=349566#post349566