promod proposal

(MorsTua) #1

I dont think that this game needs many and radical changes to make something like a promod.
I think, in my opinion, that changes should be like the following

1. For example, give the opportunity to make a demo, to pause the match, to have a referee, to start end to spect as first person.

2. Then making the crosshair customizable would be good

3. Remove from hud the useless icons that are useful only for whos aproaching the game for first days, not for who exactly knows what he has to do.

4. Remove the recoil and the spread from weapons to enphasize 1on1s and personal aim

5. balancing the spawns: 15 attack, 25/30 defence

6. Enable teamcolor

I am pretty sure that something like this would be like a candy for a kid. Many many players wanna have sane, competitive matches and honestly i dont think we are asking the moon: they are 6 little, simple things.

Neither we are asking to make another rtcw/et. Those are just settings that dont change the physic and the mechanics of the game.

To have more options and let decide the comunity what’s wrong and what’s right, is democratically correct.
Vanilla, Promod. Then everyone will chose wich side. :slight_smile:

(OnceWasGreat) #2

this would be a huge step forward for playability of the game, maybe some player would come back :slight_smile:

i also agree on the spread issue, but i think the game is now working as intended.

(BomBaKlaK) #3

this game is dead ! ESL dont want it anymore !

NO SDK = NO BRINK

(Mustang) #4

Brink doesn’t yet have mod support
So how to create this?

(suho) #5
  1. Fix SMART, make it manual at least. It artificially slows the game down. Take Terminal for example. When I’m on the security side and want to take the upper route into the conveyor belt there is some random stuff lying around which always make my character jump somehow and I just dont really get into the damn room fast enough, always have to slow down. Also I can’t count the numoerus times the reload animation was stoppped because SMART did something I did not intend to do.

2. Change the controlls, make it more PC friendly. Magic button for everythign also slows the game down artificially.

All in all the controls feel really clunky. Even buffing and reviving feels like there is a lag. You press a button and it takes some time for the game to give you feedback.

Right now the game is anything but competition-ready.

(needforWeed) #6

[QUOTE=BomBaKlaK;346183]… ! ESL dont want it anymore !
…[/QUOTE]

Realy? Source?

(Qbix) #7

Just making BS up, like always. His posts were never really useful.

On topic: Things like replays and additional spectator options are most likely going to be implemented by SD in future updates. In addition, those should be mandatory and nothing a ProMod should take care of…

A ProMod should adjust spawn times, restrict abilities and probably network settings. Unfortunatlely, since weapon damage, player model stuff and most importantly spawn times are netvar-related now, a server-side ProMod would never be able to adjust those. Deal with it.

(MorsTua) #8

[QUOTE=Mustang;346225]Brink doesn’t yet have mod support
So how to create this?[/QUOTE]

sd can make it? they did with quakewars so i dont see the problem especially cause the changes i listed, arent that big…

why whould it be so bad to try? costs nothing and the result can only be to have more people playing brink.
I dont know why they would be so obtuse to not make something like a promod :slight_smile:
To not make it means cut off a big slice of customers…

promod could be a solution while people wait the SDK.

(Mustang) #9

Ah got you, so it’s more of a wishlist for the competition mode
I do wonder why this isn’t being looked at more seriously
Perhaps because the players that would like it are in the minority (albeit with the biggest voice)
It is a shame because it feels like the long time SD supporters are the ones getting the short end of the stick

(MorsTua) #10

[QUOTE=Mustang;346471]Ah got you, so it’s more of a wishlist for the competition mode
I do wonder why this isn’t being looked at more seriously
Perhaps because the players that would like it are in the minority (albeit with the biggest voice)
It is a shame because it feels like the long time SD supporters are the ones getting the short end of the stick[/QUOTE]

the minority?

Listen dude am not here to turn the conversation in that sense. If servers are empty after a month, PROBABLY the competitive slice is not so little as you (and probably sd) think.

And yes it’s a wishlist that doesnt seem so hard to please.
At least i don’t see any reason to not please it…

(OnceWasGreat) #11

[QUOTE=suho;346249]7)

All in all the controls feel really clunky. Even buffing and reviving feels like there is a lag.

Right now the game is anything but competition-ready.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree on that. Without promod or some new feature from devs the competitive scene cant live.

And we Are in hurry guys, in some countries clans are dropping the game fast!

(DonkeyDong) #12

[QUOTE=Qbix;346408]Just making BS up, like always. His posts were never really useful.

On topic: Things like replays and additional spectator options are most likely going to be implemented by SD in future updates. In addition, those should be mandatory and nothing a ProMod should take care of…

A ProMod should adjust spawn times, restrict abilities and probably network settings. Unfortunatlely, since weapon damage, player model stuff and most importantly spawn times are netvar-related now, a server-side ProMod would never be able to adjust those. Deal with it.[/QUOTE]

Get real. There will be nothing out in time to keep any team playing this game.

Thanks SD

Real life suddenly looks lots better.

(Cynix) #13

I don’t disagree with the items on your wishlist at all.

sd can make it? they did with quakewars

That’s true, but people were still playing quakewars competitively when they released their promod. The competitive scene for Brink, in the US at least, is already so dead that it’s not even worth making a promod. No one would use it because no teams play anymore, and even releasing a promod wouldn’t bring back enough teams to make it worthwhile.

why whould it be so bad to try? costs nothing and the result can only be to have more people playing brink.

It costs nothing? I bet that every one of those changes on your list would cost hundreds of dollars, and more likely thousands, for Splash Damage to develop, test, get approved and released. Software development has very high labor costs. There is almost no incentive right now for Splash Damage to invest the kind of money that would be required to develop even a simple a promod.

To not make it means cut off a big slice of customers…

Sorry, but the competitive scene is a massive minority in virtually every game (although as Mustang said, they generally have a bigger voice than anyone else). I wish it were otherwise, but those are the facts. At it’s peak, the competitive Brink PC community (the one that would probably benefit from a promod) had about 32 teams competing in the thebrink.tv tournament. That’s 32*5 ~ 160 players. That’s obviously an underestimation of the community size, but even if you multiple that by 10 you’re still at only 1600, which is still an order of magnitude smaller than the number of copies of the game sold on the PC and probably two orders of magnitude smaller than the number of copies of the game sold on the consoles. Plus, a lot of competitive players don’t pub much, if at all; so the fact that the servers are empty has pretty much nothing to do with the size of the competitive community. There are plenty of games that have massive pub communities and practically no competitive community.

(neg) #14

http://www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/238300/Brink-Issues/
thread us aussies have(or had) going in relation to possible patch/mod related changes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(MorsTua) #15

[QUOTE=Cynix;347052]I don’t disagree with the items on your wishlist at all.

1)That’s true, but people were still playing quakewars competitively when they released their promod.

2)It costs nothing? I bet that every one of those changes on your list would cost hundreds of dollars, and more likely thousands, for Splash Damage to develop, test, get approved and released.

3)Sorry, but the competitive scene is a massive minority in virtually every game (although as Mustang said, they generally have a bigger voice than anyone else). [/QUOTE]

1. hannes made his promod months before sd. When sd made the promod noone used to play it cause useless
    and obviously wasnt what comunity asked … (remember anything?)

2. things like demo record, start, pause, etc, should be already in the game when the game is gold. but wait… this is a beta! It’s so pathetic that at this point we are still asking for commands like these… Then a “normal” softwarehouse" would release sdk and a promod, when game is out. But probably sd doesnt care so much about competitive comunity. Dont worry people will remember next game!

3. from the poll i see in these forums the competitive scene isnt so little…but wait a second: is there any comunity? Pc servers are empty. All people i know already play something else cause they gave up on brink.
    Promod or not , ACTUALLY, this game IS NOT FUN

and i dont think for ps3 and xbox situation is better
te following message is really rilevant

(MorsTua) #16

sorry double post

(Rex) #17

Promod…rofl, will never happen.
Guess why?

Some suggestions:

[] Brink is dead.
[
] Brink sucks!!!
[] Brink sucks and is dead.
[
] SD doesn’t care

(OnceWasGreat) #18

[QUOTE=Rex;347537]Promod…rofl, will never happen.
Guess why?

Some suggestions:

[] Brink is dead.
[
] Brink sucks!!!
[] Brink sucks and is dead.
[
] SD doesn’t care[/QUOTE]

I really hate this behaviour. :rolleyes:

Brink has some (even big) issues, ok. But for sure it doesnt suck! Its a game that still have big potential, and i am sure the devs care very much about their customers, because if they plan in the future to release more games they have to care about us! :slight_smile:

At least i hope so :tongue:

(Rex) #19

Either you are a CoD player, a console owner or a casual gamer.
I guess all three.

(OnceWasGreat) #20

[QUOTE=Rex;347744]Either you are a CoD player, a console owner or a casual gamer.
I guess all three.[/QUOTE]

You are wrong on 1, 2 and 3. :wink: