Community Game Nights?

(wolfnemesis75) #1

Community Game Nights

Anyone want to try doing some forum game nights? Where you play other people on the forums? It could be all three platforms. Basically, we could choose a night and a time when most people can play. Like 7-11pm EST on a Thursday/Saturday night? If we could get some UK guys to run some matches that would be great so that its more convenient for that timezone.

Then we could do 8v8 Big Team battles and perhaps post the results on the forum? I know there is a competitive area for PC, but Community Nights could just be for fun, and a challenge. We could get a group going on each platform, I am on Xbox. Not sure how to go about setting up, if anyone has some ideas? Also, if you don’t like the idea, no big deal. Just thought it’d be cool. I’ve gotten a chance to play with some guys from this forum. It’d be cool to do a regular thing.
I’ve done Stopwatch with some forum guys, and it allows for both sides to get a chance to attack.

Here are links to Brink Community threads
[thread=27518]PS3 Groups[/thread]
[thread=28248]Xbox Lobby Group[/thread]
[thread=28575]PC Community Group[/thread]
[thread=29084]Brink Appreciation Thread (Share your love of Brink with fellow Gamers!):[/thread]
[thread=29483]Brink Hardcore Club (Join those who play Hardcore)[/thread]
[thread=29416]Xbox 360 Gamertags (Roll Call)[/thread]
Here is a short list of gammertags on Xbox Live to look out for tonight to play. (Feel free to add us): (Starting at 7pm) As long as you have one of the folks listed below, you should be able to navigate to the rest of us through Friend of a Friend(FOF) on Xbox Live! 6/29/11

Xbox Groups(gammertags)

[ Nephaerius ][ NewBlueWorld ][ wolfnemesis75 ][ Jess Alon ][ lago coach ][ DonTomJac ][ SinDonor ][ Kronus126 ][ dillinger 48 ][ Zekariah ][ Bizzoo408 ][ iezzabei ][ TeKnicalEcstacy ][ TailSwallower ][ General Techniq ][ inkredible bulk ][ GLUGLUG ][ Jon 62491 ][ ARIES ][ IG Thombow ][ TessionTG ][ Lurking Power ][ jfclark ][ Dres Gar ][ Mawgaman ][ St NickelStew ][ crackedgear ][ DarkSolarcrest ][ ifistursist3r ][Initial gvp ][ Trugamer97 ][ Sleazebaggins ][ Unfurl3dRelic ]

PC Groups

[QUOTE=incin;356520]Hello Im here to just tell everyone that [iNh] recently put up a brink server in Chicago as it seemed that there werent that many. It is running on top of the line hardware with 12 gb’s of ram for no lag. We hope to have it populated as often as we can and get a good community going for the server. So stop by and play a few rounds.We are open to server settings suggestions. It is currently running objective.
The name is [iNh] On the Brink of Carnage. 205.234.203.2:27015
-Incin[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=EnderWiggin.DA.;335185]I have been setting up battles on Wednesday nights in North America for shacknews.com. Not sure it’s going to happen tomorrow because I have real life stuff, but maybe I will. I will be playing later tongiht but I need to eat dinner and stuff.
206.123.95.114:27017
password would be “shackbattle”.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=EnderWiggin.DA.;341247]Some people were interested in a weekend gaming night. Let’s give it a go! Note the time change.
When: Saturday 9 pm eastern (try again at 10 if nobody shows)
Where: Primary Server=Dallas:206.123.95.114:27017
Password for all servers: shackbattle[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DrDeath<rfa;343465]Hi all. OH My STROGG have a brink server not very imaginatively named:
OH MY BRINK…from the makers of OH MY STROGG :smiley:
London based server, so UK timezones, EURO/UK players will have best ping etc etc. However anyone is welcome.
IP/port = 193.93.45.36:27015
We welcome anyone from newbies to pros. If you have played on OH MY STROGG ETQW server you know the score. My steam name is DrDeath<rfa, feel free to add me.Look forward to playing with you all. Please use the server, that is what it is for.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DrDeath<rfa;343725]Added a Teamspeak 3 server with 32 slots. Please feel free to use anytime but keep in mind it is primarily for players on OH MY STROGG etqw and OH MY BRINK Brink servers. However, I’ll eat a tapir if it ever gets full.
Teamspeak 3
IP and PORT 193.93.44.103:9993
password is OMS[/QUOTE]

PS3 Groups

[QUOTE=Oschino1907;335582]The PS3 Big Teams Only Lobby/Chat worked very well last night.
http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28365
It was pretty dead compared to other nights but people started commin to the chat and inviting friends to chat and game and next thing you know we had a couple hours of 8v8 action with almost everyone having a mic in one big Fireteam.

Please anyone looking for Big Teams Only matches hit me up or find someone who can send you an invite to it, I am in 2 other Lobbies/Chats often as well and invite people from those also. Just add the chat and keep it in your chat list cause its up 24/7.[/QUOTE]

(Dresgar) #2

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28248

I think that would be a good method to set up some games.

(wolfnemesis75) #3

[QUOTE=Dresgar;335160]http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28248

I think that would be a good method to set up some games.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Would you be down with that? We could start a list of hosts or something and setup a dedicated friend? Hopefully we’ll get some more suggestions.

(EnderWiggin.DA.) #4

I have been setting up battles on Wednesday nights in North America for shacknews.com. Not sure it’s going to happen tomorrow because I have real life stuff, but maybe I will. I will be playing later tongiht but I need to eat dinner and stuff.
206.123.95.114:27017
password would be “shackbattle”.

(Je T´aime) #5

Im in D : with my newbtube ready, BUT i refuse to play with ESL rules -_-

(its al bout security) #6

agreed ESL rules are absurdly retarded.

hate them with a passion but if you are on xbox throw me a friends request at lago coach.

ill prolly join no matter what game im playing at the moment and im constantly on… friday nights??

(nephandys) #7

Just FR me and I will serve as the friends list. Or post your GT here and I will add you. I cleared out a lot of space. My friends and I try to play daily 8PM - 10:30PM. You can also use the other thread like someone else suggested and I will add you from there: http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?p=335229#post335229

Completely casual and for the fun. Newbs and experienced players alike are all welcome.

(wolfnemesis75) #8

[QUOTE=nephandys;335232]Just FR me and I will serve as the friends list. Or post your GT here and I will add you. I cleared out a lot of space. My friends and I try to play daily 8PM - 10:30PM. You can also use the other thread like someone else suggested and I will add you from there: http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?p=335229#post335229

Completely casual and for the fun. Newbs and experienced players alike are all welcome.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, brother!

(wolfnemesis75) #9

[QUOTE=its al bout security;335228]agreed ESL rules are absurdly retarded.

hate them with a passion but if you are on xbox throw me a friends request at lago coach.

ill prolly join no matter what game im playing at the moment and im constantly on… friday nights??[/QUOTE]

…sent a fr. look out for it.

(its al bout security) #10

dude u just gave me a friend drive by, literally added me then BLooP gone. heh heh trollish

(wolfnemesis75) #11

sent via xbox.com not from my system. he he.

(TailSwallower) #12

I’d be interested for some Xbox Brink. I’m in Australia though, so not sure how it will work out with lag and timezones.

(badman) #13

If it’s at a reasonable hour for us here in the UK, you may have a few SD guys drop by for this. :slight_smile:

(Zekariah) #14

Do SD guys play on your luch break?

Geez it sucks to be an Aussie and in the Brink community.

(badman) #15

People have been known to venture onto Steam in their lunch breaks, yeah :slight_smile:

(wolfnemesis75) #16

…cool. Sounds like fun to me! 6hours difference…(EST) we can figure something out.

(Zekariah) #17

Mostly PC gamers I’d imagine? (considering you said Steam and not Live)

(wolfnemesis75) #18

It’d be cool to get all three platforms going. There is already a PS3 Group here http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28365 and we are trying to set up Xbox nights too.

(GreasedScotsman) #19

If the timing is alright and we don’t have other coverage commitments, Brink TV would like to feature some of these games (the ones held on the PC).

(wolfnemesis75) #20

Cool. I’ll hit up some friends who might be able to post some vids for Xbox on JustinTV or Youtube! (I don’t have a capture card setup right now)