New Brink PC Update Released

(badman) #1

A new story entry has been added:
[drupal=823]New Brink PC Update Released[/drupal]

A new update for the PC version of Brink is now available, bringing with it a stack of fixes and improvements. Among the big ticket items in this update are a reworked server browser, a fix for the font corruption issue, better server performance, and the recently announced balance tweaks.
As before, all you have to do to download the update is sign into your Steam account (and ensure it’s not in offline mode). A new version of the standalone dedicated server is available, as well - we recommend updating your server at the earliest convenience if you haven’t already.
The full list of improvements and fixes in this update is available after the break.

(Seiniyta) #2

Definitly a step in the right direction :slight_smile: Far from done, but going the right way ^^

(Mustang) #3

Some fantastic fixes/changes
Thanks for listening <3

(to_few) #4

Danke very mucho :stroggbanana:

(dommafia) #5

reading, thanks

(tokamak) #6

Ah great. With faster lift construction the resistance finally stands a chance.

(Deadwalking) #7

Thanks for the heads up!

Just ran thru one mission of Refuel, and it was awesome
-Pings now no bars.
-Hack Time was Beautiful
-Love the server Browser implementation.
-I felt as if it was performing way better. Higher average FPS. ATI 5850 and a quad core.

Gonna be busy for a while I hope.

(Smokeskin) #8

This looks really, really good.

The server browser looks really smooth.

And no more auto-look when buffing!

(taodemon) #9

I assume the weapon adjustments weren´t implemented with this patch (didn´t see them listed)?

(Deadwalking) #10

I dint even catch that I wasnt autolooking till you said something Smokeskin

(Seiniyta) #11

Among the big ticket items in this update are a reworked server browser, a fix for the font corruption issue, better server performance, and the recently announced balance tweaks.

sigh, reading is hard.

Edit: and Badman clarified, I’m wrong!

(TheDuplex) #12

Yeah… very good news! :slight_smile: Hope they can fix now the BIG ones… like click sound and slience after that, and the invisible enemys… after these fixes… the DLC can come! :smiley:

(badman) #13

This update includes all the balance adjustments listed in the blog from the other day. Weapons are still to come (for all platforms).

(weeschwee) #14

very nice! i will try it out later. this is good support. some irritating aspects are now gone even though i didn’t see a huge amount of threads about them. seems splash damage is hitting the small stuff as well as the large stuff. keep it up please!

(taodemon) #15

[QUOTE=Seiniyta;334452]sigh, reading is hard.

Edit: and Badman clarified, I’m wrong![/QUOTE]

The weapon changes weren´t listed in the link he posted of said balance changes which is why I asked since I had also seen elsewhere that they were in the works. If reading wasn´t so hard you might have noticed this as well. :wink:

(Scrupus) #16

This is looking like a pretty good fix list - thanks! :smiley:

(neg0ne) #17

well done. thx for listening. keep up!

(abjectblitz) #18

~My server browser looks a mess with missing buttons , GUI (seeing command text instead) and seein xbox buttons? No controllers plugged in btw.

(Ashog) #19

Nice updates!

Hope you will fix the sound disappear problem soon. And also enemy nicknames not shown when downed (you or enemy).

(Trivve) #20

Looking good! A step into the right direction. :slight_smile: