Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Server Clearance - Script Release

Re: Server Clearance - Script Release

Supply was just an example. I wanted to see what happens. I also tried to use the lua with the standart objectcycle and same error appeared.

Don't know either then, would have to debug it. Not using that script - only the advanced voting.

Most Recent Awards:

I don't know if it will help, but here is a known good script I used for years on my servers, you'll need to swap your map names. This one mixes objective and stopwatch game modes, but I know it's good, I used it for years. See if this trips up the lua.... (granted it is for nextcampaign rather than nextmap, but it's good for comparison purposes)

Code:

set d1 "set g_gametype 4 ; campaign cmpgn_northafrica ; set nextcampaign vstr d2" 
    set d2 "campaign cmpgn_centraleurope ; set nextcampaign vstr d3"
    set d3 "set g_gametype 3 ; map supplydepot ; set nextmap vstr d4 ; sets StopwatchRound 1"
    set d4 "map_restart 0 ; set nextmap vstr d5 ; sets StopwatchRound 2"
    set d5 "set g_gametype 3 ; map sp_delivery ; set nextmap vstr d6 ; sets StopwatchRound 1" 
    set d6 "map_restart 0 ; set nextmap vstr d7 ; sets StopwatchRound 2"
    set d7 "set g_gametype 4 ; campaign cmpgn_northafrica ; set nextcampaign vstr d8" 
    set d8 "set g_gametype 3 ; map et_beach ; set nextmap vstr d9 ; sets StopwatchRound 1"
    set d9 "map_restart 0 ; set nextmap vstr e1 ; sets StopwatchRound 2"
    set e1 "set g_gametype 3 ; map et_ice ; set nextmap vstr e2 ; sets StopwatchRound 1" 
    set e2 "map_restart 0 ; set nextmap vstr d1 ; sets StopwatchRound 2"

// server doesn't recognise the campaign command when the gamecode isn't running yet.
    set d_initial "set g_gametype 4 ; map oasis ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"
    vstr d_initial
    Objective Completed!

Quote Originally Posted by Micha View Post
    Supply was just an example. I wanted to see what happens. I also tried to use the lua with the standart objectcycle and same error appeared.
    Have you tried the default objectivecycle.cfg, without altering any of the maps and it still crashes? I just tested this and it works fine. Does this happen for specific maps only?

Now that I see this thread again, it reminds me that I wanted to upload a fix for the clantag protection lua. It fixes the problems jemstar reported in this thread, I sent him the fix more than a year ago but never uploaded it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by oveove
    critisism is not allowed as it is another way to offend someone

I tried with standart and modified. I changed to gametype 2 now and these cycle:
    Code:
    set d1 "set g_gametype 2 ; map sw_goldrush_te ; shuffle_teams ; set nextmap vstr d2"
    set d2 "set g_gametype 2 ; map radar ; shuffle_teams ; set nextmap vstr d3"
    set d3 "set g_gametype 2 ; map supply ; shuffle_teams ; set nextmap vstr d4"
    set d4 "set g_gametype 2 ; map bremen_b3 ; shuffle_teams ; set nextmap vstr d5"
    set d5 "set g_gametype 2 ; map karsiah_te2 ; shuffle_teams ; set nextmap vstr d6"
    set d6 "set g_gametype 2 ; map adlernest ; shuffle_teams ; set nextmap vstr d7"
    set d7 "set g_gametype 2 ; map erdenberg_b3 ; shuffle_teams ; set nextmap vstr d8"
    set d8 "set g_gametype 2 ; map frostbite ; shuffle_teams ; set nextmap vstr d9"
    set d9 "set g_gametype 2 ; map sp_delivery_te ; shuffle_teams ; set nextmap vstr d1"
    vstr d1
    I removed this part out of the nextmap.lua:
    Code:
    	--[[ --removed because etpro doesn't know et.G_shrubbot_permission
    	if et.gentity_get( id, "sess.sessionTeam" ) == 3 or et.G_shrubbot_permission( id, "?" ) == 1 then
    		return false
    	end
    	--]]
    The rest is original and log shows same error again
    etpro: et_RunFrame error running lua script: [string "nextmapetpro.lua"]:215: attempt to index local `string' (a string value)

it's about this part:
    line 213 function clearSpace(string)
    line 214 local output = ""
    line 215 local i = string.len(string)

Maybe phiser and you don't run the same LUA version?

I use the one he linked here with the change I posted above. It doesn't matter which cycle I use. Everytime the same error.

Quote Originally Posted by Micha
    Everytime the same error.
    What does "everytime" mean? Does this happen for _every_ map, or only from time to time? Did this script work before? Or have you had these problems right from the start?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateos
    Maybe phiser and you don't run the same LUA version?
    That's a possibility, what lua version do you use with etpro? As I said, I couldn't reproduce this on NQ, maybe this is caused by differing lua versions.

It is caused by adifferent lua version. Doesn't matter if I use the original or my edited. The script never worked

I removed the following part because etpro doesn't have et.G_shrubbot_permission.
    Code:
    	--[[
    	if et.gentity_get( id, "sess.sessionTeam" ) == 3 or et.G_shrubbot_permission( id, "?" ) == 1 then
    		return false
    	end
    	--]]

I removed the following part because etpro doesn't have et.G_shrubbot_permission.

it's why bani never gave out his mod, so it never would
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaSparkle View Post
    and every time Nail comes in and ruins it

Quote Originally Posted by Micha
    It is caused by adifferent lua version. Doesn't matter if I use the original or my edited.
    I believe what Mateos was talking about is the lua binary version. NQ requires lua 5.1, since etpro is even older it might just use the same thing. If you are running lua binaries you "got from this guy who got it from some other guy" rather than the official latest 5.1 binaries, there might be unwanted behaviour.

In the clearSpace() function, the argument is called 'string', and later on we call the function string.len(string). What is intended is that we call the 'len' function of the 'string' library, but a different binary version might interpret this as performing something on the local variable 'string'. So maaaybe, renaming the variable might do the trick. Either way, you might want to re-download your lua binaries.

Try replacing the function clearSpace(string) with the following (I just renamed the variable to 'input'):
    Code:
    function clearSpace(input)
    	local output = ""
    	local i = string.len(input)
    	while (string.sub(input,i,i) == " " or string.sub(input,i,i) == "	") do
    		input = string.sub(input,1,(i-1))
    		i = i - 1
    	end

while (string.sub(input,1,1) == " " or string.sub(input,1,1) == "	") do
    		input = string.sub(input,2)
    	end

i = 1
    	while string.sub(input,i,i) ~= "" do
    		if string.sub(input,i,i) ~= "\"" then
    			output = output .. string.sub(input,i,i)
    		end
    		i = i + 1
    	end

return output
    end

Ok I changed the last part from string to input and it's working now.
    Thank you.

nextmapetpro.zip

Episode VI - Italy FP2 Mapscript

Re-playing Streets of Italy again recently after a long time made me feel like improving a few things.

Changelog:
    • rerouted the plane - it is now properly visible along its entire path and won't pop into and out of the skybox anymore
    • removed the bomb models and random dropoffs scattered across the city
    • HUGE entity cleanup - 98 unused/redundant entities removed, mainly speakers pointing at inexistent mp3 sound files
    • removed a chair which blocked a spawn slot in the axis fallback spawn and would get players stuck
    • the gold crate dropoff trigger at the jeep is now larger and covers the entire vehicle
    • separated the two ramps - the jeep will now drive onto the first ramp even if the second is not yet constructed
    • fixed buggy stolen/returned messages of the gold
    • added text announcements for some events - omnibot compatibility remains untouched
    • removed delay in jeep movement - it will now instantly start moving when somebody gets near it
    • better jeep sound calculation
    • added a clipweapon to the command post - this will prevent players from throwing things into it (like hiding a satchel charge in it)
    • dynamic timelimit - 20min from the start, +7 when the jeep is at the tower, +3 when both gold crates have been secured
    • removed beam texture on window across from command post
    • included command post into and improved autospawn calculation

This script has been made for the latest official release (fp2). I have not tested it with any of the more recent and qualitatively questionable unofficial releases.

This is an ETpro mapscript and will only work with mods that support it. Please do not put this script into a pk3 but make proper use of your mod's mapScriptDirectory cvar. Made using NQ 1.2.9 b6, I don't know about compatibility to other mods or older versions.

NOTE: Since apparently, this site's admin has been in a coma for the last five years and the maximum allowed upload size of a zip file is 16KB, I had to upload it as mp3. Rename to .zip and extract.

// Alternative download link, thanks Magic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by phisherman; 21st Apr 2014 at 16:10.

Alternativ download link :

italy_mapscript_fix
    Magics Territory
    Magics Territory : 188.138.76.165:27980

On request, another lua script.

Episode VII - No Pro LUA

This script was written to tackle the issue of "pro" players coming to beginner servers and fragging them empty.
    It analyzes all players' skill ratings every X seconds and warns/kicks players if they exceed the average rating by Y percent.
    The rating is calculated from the Kill/Death ratio, Damage Given/Received ratio and Kills per Second ratio.
    Bots are completely ignored by the script, they are not being punished and do not influence the average rating or player count.
    Carefully read the description of the variables below and set them with care to avoid unjustified kicks.
    The default values are most likely un-usable. You will need a few test-rounds to find the right values for your server.
    The script works on a per-round basis, meaning nothing is saved between maps or sessions. All ratings are reset every mapstart. An inter-round solution might come in a future release, if needed.
    The script provides a weapon whitelist, a player whitelist, a minimum player count limit and a few other settings.

I'm going to stress this again: This script needs CONFIGURATION. No out-of-the-box experience, sadly. Read about what you have to do inside the lua file. I hope I documented everything well enough to understand.

Developed on NQ 1.2.9b6 with only the official ETpro lua api, so I hope there are no incompatibilities.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by phisherman; 31st Aug 2014 at 01:57.

Do you plan to release more mapscripts phisherman? Your Italy FP2 version is a masterpiece!
    Last edited by Dragonji; 11th Feb 2015 at 04:08.

Hi thanks, I'm happy to hear someone actually uses these

As of right now, I don't have any other projects planned, but an evening of ET on a buggy map might change that.

//Aaah and sorry for the delay, I don't check the forums regularly anymore. I do get PM notifications via email though, so if somebody needs me, that's the way to go.

You may subscribe to this topic so receive mail notifications

It's sad to have good buggy maps around in a way, but if they can get fixed by script (or if with some luck the author is reachable and still have the source hanging somewhere), it's good good ^^

Most Recent Awards:

ETpro mapscripts make a lot of fixes possible, but not everything. I spent many evenings trying to figure out why certain scripts/maps didn't work properly,and what could be done to fix them. This ability has extended the lifespan of ET considerably. I wish I had more time to play, but my parental and work duties don't allow me as much free time as I used to have... <sigh>

--Mortis
    Objective Completed!