Estimating enemies Spawn times

(Redshft) #1

Is it possible to estimate spawn times for the enemy? Assuming they spawn every 20 seconds could you expect the enemy to spawn at 19:40, 19:20, 19:00 etc?

This would be useful to keep track of if this is indeed true. It would help attacks immensely if you know how much time you have to capture and hold before your picks come back.

(Mattc0m) #2

I mainly just announce when I see a dead (ungibbed) body tap out. Most people know the amount of time it’ll take to get from spawn to a position for a well-timed grenade or push to severely counter an enemy spawn wave.

(Redshft) #3

Ok, I just tested this. Upon starting a map, the first respawn wave is always at 19:30. After that, you should respawn every 20 seconds. Friendly and enemy respawn times should always be the same. So this means, enemies respawn at 19:30, 19:10, 18:50 and so forth.

Has anyone else noticed this?

If you have one person on your team keeping loose track of this it should help immensely with team decision making on offense.

(Matuka) #4

Hey there, early this afternoon I was making a script that would time and tell your team when the enemy/you are redeploying. Here’s the script.

bind <key> “sayteam ‘script-started – redeployment’; wait ‘1500’; sayteam ‘5 seconds’; wait 100; sayteam ‘4 seconds’; wait 100; sayteam ‘3 seconds’; wait 100; sayteam ‘2 seconds’; wait 100; sayteam ‘1 second’; sayteam ‘redeployed’”

All you have to do is remember to press the certain key ever 20 seconds. I found it quite useful in some team games today, we managed to time our pushes correctly and get some vital progession on the objectives.

(Redshft) #5

Cool, Thank you for the script Matuka.

Just a heads up, I have noticed some irregularities with spawn times throughout the scrims I have been playing. There were several times where (I had a friend on the other team, who was telling me their spawns) the enemy team spawned in close succession (like a few seconds apart).

This could either mean one of two things:

A) The system adjusts spawns according to team performance

OR

B) There is a bug with the spawn system

(Assclown) #6

If you have chosen to respawn and not wait for a medic you will be taped out and spawn exactly when the timer reaches :00. Down to :18 you can swap from wait for medic to respawn and still spawn. Same thing when someone shots you down.

If this is a bug or if it is intended i do not know. But this is what i have observed while playing.

(goat72) #7

Didn’t one of the devs post something in the whining part of the forums, saying the spawn times are adjusted according to how well each side was playing?

Or did I imagine this?

(Rautakanki) #8

[QUOTE=Matuka;313013]Hey there, early this afternoon I was making a script that would time and tell your team when the enemy/you are redeploying. Here’s the script.

All you have to do is remember to press the certain key ever 20 seconds. I found it quite useful in some team games today, we managed to time our pushes correctly and get some vital progession on the objectives.[/QUOTE]

Tried this, but seems to only work when standing still… atleast bugged for me. When sprintin or running the teamsay takes only few seconds not 20s.

(Redshft) #9

[QUOTE=goat72;313900]Didn’t one of the devs post something in the whining part of the forums, saying the spawn times are adjusted according to how well each side was playing?

Or did I imagine this?[/QUOTE]

I was afraid of this, it makes sense as a balancing measure. I have seen it in play once (when I was testing) but was unable to replicate it.

(Matuka) #10

The scripts is a buggy. I should of mentioned that whilst I had the script running I couldn’t use chat or exit the game via menu, however I could run around and do basic stuff such as shoot or plant a bomb etc… Sorry for the inconvenience of whatever that may of caused you.

As I see it right now with my very limited knowledge on the ID-Tech engine and the way it processes console commands, I have not a clue on how to loop the script or stop it from interfering from other activities. (Personally instead of having a big long script I would have what I call an ‘alias’, when that alias is called it would run the script. Sadly I don’t know if ID-Tech has a console command like that whereas the Source engine does).

If anyone can shed some light on how to do this would be really helpful.

(keefy) #11

[QUOTE=Matuka;315949]The scripts is a buggy. I should of mentioned that whilst I had the script running I couldn’t use chat or exit the game via menu, however I could run around and do basic stuff such as shoot or plant a bomb etc… Sorry for the inconvenience of whatever that may of caused you.

As I see it right now with my very limited knowledge on the ID-Tech engine and the way it processes console commands, I have not a clue on how to loop the script or stop it from interfering from other activities. (Personally instead of having a big long script I would have what I call an ‘alias’, when that alias is called it would run the script. Sadly I don’t know if ID-Tech has a console command like that whereas the Source engine does).

If anyone can shed some light on how to do this would be really helpful.[/QUOTE]
ALias doesn exist but I believe you can use “set” in a similar way
set name “command1; command2”

Was going to say using alott of wait comamnds usually causes input problems also doesnt WAIT depend on FPS i.e 1 wait is 1fps so if you have many FPS the script finishes quicker than someone with less FPS?

(Matuka) #12

[QUOTE=keefy;315965]ALias doesn exist but I believe you can use “set” in a similar way
set name “command1; command2”

Was going to say using alott of wait comamnds usually causes input problems also doesnt WAIT depend on FPS i.e 1 wait is 1fps so if you have many FPS the script finishes quicker than someone with less FPS?[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I thought wait would work using miliseconds (100ms = 1s). So I take it that for the script to work optimally you would have to have 100fps maximum and minimum, which pretty much makes the script unreliable and not ideal.

Also I tried using set but it turns out that the said set commands are “locked in multiplayer”.