Any Workaround for Server Crash?

(Pickerd) #1

Im seeing ALOT of servers online, yet my server still crashes 30 secs after launching. To be more specific, it crashes 30 seconds after joining the server to see if it will crash due to the known Allocrendermodel crash.

What I would like to know is, did any of you figure out how to avoid this crash or something? I know how forums work. When something is wrong, ppl flock to post about it. When the problem is solved, or at least avoided by a workaround, ppl don’t post or bother. Hoping someone out there has a fix and would care to share. Does the server.cfg have anything to do with it? Does the wait 1000 cvar at the top help? Is there files in the ded server folder that need fixin up?

Any help would be great from one of those 600 server admins out there that got there servers working.

(Pickerd) #2

Over 1000 servers up now. Nobody gonna post anything to help out? If your server is up and running, could you please post your command line and server.cfg? Would greatly appreciate it.

(Remyx99) #3

I would like to, but the fact is that servers are crashing after random amount of time. Reason why so many are up is prolly due to GSP’s having automatic restart scripts when a server is not responding. IE the server is back up within seconds but looses its players :confused:

(BigBiker05) #4

I got a hold of my game server provider (branzone), they said they made a slight adjustment and for me to tell them how it goes. Since that my server been up for about 4 hours without timing out.

Also, check out the working configs thread. If you have conflictions in your configs it will lead to a crash.

(Apophus) #5

I also use Branzone and they have been champions at trying to help with this. At one point we had the server running for 2 hours, but shortly after that I couldn’t keep the server up for more than 5 minutes.

I have actually reverted back to the base server.cfg that came with the game.