VOIP Inbound/Outbound too low to hear.

(ktr) #1

I can barely hear anyone talking or they can barely hear me talking when using built in VOIP. There is no way to increase the inbound/outbound volumes or enable mic boost in game.

Both inbound/outbound volumes in Control Panel and Steam’s Voice options are maxed out.

Also, is there any on-HUD notification on who is speaking (like TF2, CSS, DOD:S have)?

(murka) #2

Try:
s_volume_VoIPIn_dB - inbound volume adjust for voip in dB
s_volume_VoIPOut_dB - outbound volume adjust for voip volume in dB

(jotun) #3

Monday Night Combat uses Steam voice chat, and has the same problem

(mR.Waffles) #4

Wait, there’s voice chat? I’ve never been heard or heard anyone. The lack of public team voice chat sure does make this team work oriented game a pain in the butt sometimes.

(Altotheix) #5

yea Ive never heard anyone speak. I turned my voip off because it caused my sound to crash in game when in multiplayer however.

this def needs to be patched.

(jfunk) #6

I was wondering about this too. Whenever I look at the scoreboard, I’m the only one with a headset icon next to their name though so I wasn’t sure if it was just that nobody else had a mic.

(ktr) #7

[QUOTE=murka;301264]Try:
s_volume_VoIPOut_dB - outbound volume adjust for voip volume in dB[/QUOTE]

How do I find out what the dB ranges are? What is the max value?

(mR.Waffles) #8

We shouldn’t have to use console commands in order to get in game voice for a game that centers its identity on team work.

(Apophus) #9

If I’m correct the server.cfg on the host you are playing on has to enable VOIP in order for it to work.

//VOIP
si_teamVoipEnabled "1"

(BigBiker05) #10

[QUOTE=murka;301264]Try:
s_volume_VoIPOut_dB - outbound volume adjust for voip volume in dB[/QUOTE]

Heres the problem, the default settings for both of those commands are -6 (negative 6). If you change them to 0 you should have normal VOIP as long as the server has it enabled.