Way to list players

(Kairus) #1

Can we get a command to list connected players and their client id through rcon?

Things like admin kick then tab only shows players if you’re connected to the game server, and doing rcon admin kick then tab doesn’t show a list of players.

So maybe admin listPlayers?

Also, on a side note, does anyone notice a little server lag when a player connects/disconnects?

(Progz) #2

Press the Tab button to help you finish commands.

Type: admin kick [press tab button] it will list all the numbers of each player.

(Kairus) #3

[QUOTE=Progz;300033]Press the Tab button to help you finish commands.

Type: admin kick [press tab button] it will list all the numbers of each player.[/QUOTE]

I covered that in my OP…

admin kick then tab works only if you are connected to the game server.

rcon admin kick then tab (which you need to do if you are not connected to the game server), does not list players.

(Progz) #4

Well ****, I guess you can’t I hope Splash Damage makes some external Admin program for servers. I really want one myself. Im sick of figuring out how to run this ****. They should be the run providing us with the tutorials and ****.

(Flubber) #5

Try : “rcon serverInfo”

(TimSad) #6

I think that only shows the server variables and their current values.

(Manfred_Kreuzwirth) #7

But only a small portion of the conserved DNA is translated to produce proteins. Comparing the human genome to those of other mammals, Sidow shows thatNew Warrior talents about 85 percent of the conserved DNA (and a bit more than 6 percent of the total genome) is found in spacers betweenNew Shaman talents genes or between protein-producing bits within genes.

(_KaszpiR_) #8

maybe
printUserGuid

it was in ETQW

(Kn1ghT) #9

PrintuserGUID only gives your ID.

(Apophus) #10

To see a list of client indices that correspond to the player names:

1. type ‘admin kick’
  2. leave a space after the ‘kick’ parameter
  3. hit the TAB key, and the console should show you a list of all players and their corresponding client indices.

Note that you must be connected to the server in order to run this command. Also note that there is no rcon command attached to this, however if you are using a GSP you will likely have to do “admin kick <space><tab>” to get the player index, then do an “rcon admin kick ##”

Source:
http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?p=296883#post296883

(Courgette) #11

we need a separated forum for rcon related discussion has people will continuously mix in-game console commands issues with real remote server control using rcon protocol

(EnderWiggin.DA.) #12

I would like to be able to kick remotely as well to make space. I can’t find a command that works either when not connected to the server. I just end up kick a random player number. It sucks because I can see player names and scores through the steam client, but steam doesn’t have the client numbers. Hmmm. I wonder if I could kick by name instead of number.