Enable VOIP?

(Padinn) #1

I’m running a custom game server, and want to enable VOIP for teams on my server config. How can I do so?

I’d also like to enable map and kick voting, but am unsure if that is possible at this time. I’ve added the map vote rotations, but I don’t know what other commands might be involved.

(SRS-Kap) #2

Please see this thread with regards to kicking:

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?p=296883#post296883

To disable/enable voip you can use:

si_teamVoipEnabled 0/1
si_globalVoipEnabled 0/1

(Apophus) #3

[QUOTE=SRS-Kap;299333]Please see this thread with regards to kicking:

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?p=296883#post296883

To disable/enable voip you can use:

si_teamVoipEnabled 0/1
si_globalVoipEnabled 0/1[/QUOTE]

We are using server_objective_standard_vs.cfg in our server.cfg. According to the PDF this has Team VOIP disabled. My question is if I define this cvar in the server.cfg after the execution of the server_objective_advanced_vs.cfg will my game server type become “Custom”?

As a note I was fiddling with this setting yesterday, and at one point it was working with the si_teamVoipEnabled 1 set. I have not changed that setting at all and players no longer have the headset icon in the game and no team voip.

Futhermore an rcon serverinfo shows that si_teamVoipEnabled is set to 1.

(SRS-Kap) #4

The server match type all depends on the configuration of your CVars.
The “standard” settings specify that team/global voip is disabled (voip is only enabled for fireteams). If you deviate from this by setting ‘si_teamVoipEnabled’ to 1, the server match type will become custom.

If however, you are using the “advanced”/“Competition”/“OldSkool” settings, these specify that team/global voip is enabled, and therefore you shouldn’t have to set ‘si_teamVoipEnabled’ to 1.

(General_Zod) #5

As a player how do I find those? I know you wanted to ship with voip disabled but let me at least find the ones that do have it enabled instead of hit n miss.

(Pickerd) #6

Custom server configs with settings that conflict with the Standard, Advanced and Old Skool configs is causing server crashing as well. Most of us are forced to use the bat files.

(Padinn) #7

My servers have been fine using a custom config, check with your setup or GSP.