Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: r_skippostprocess

r_skippostprocess

How come this variable can be set in menus (and gives a very large FPS boost), but it doesn't work in matches? It returns "r_skippostprocess cannot be changed in multiplayer".

Re: r_skippostprocess

wow, what does this command do exactly? My fps increased 125>250 on menu..
    But it doesn't work for me in game also...

It appears to skip the post processing effects.

need this for multiplayer! sooo much more fps!

Agreed, I actually dislike all the blur, bloom, and depth of field aesthetically. Extra performance is the icing on the cake.

I posted about this yesterday it could really use being an ingame option 100%. On menus I get about a 120 fps boost but can't be used in game since when you join a server or start one it resets the option to 0 and keeps it there. Performance is key.

Maybe there is a way to force it globally.

all the r_skips should be unlocked huge fps increase

bump!

plz unlock this for mulitplayer!! and other graphics cvars that maybe locked

Bump!

10char

a lot of the commands have been locked in brink for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by raccoon View Post
    a lot of the commands have been locked in brink for some reason
    The graphical ones should be allowed so we can get better frames! (I hate dipping below 120, I feel the input lag).

yea need more fps!!

14.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14

Some feedback on this:

This is cheat-protected in multiplayer because certain parts of gameplay rely on it.

This value shouldn't give any significant performance gains because these calculations are done on the GPU.

Bear in mind that 125>250 in the main menu does not correspond to an extra 125 FPS or even double FPS in-game; graphics rendering doesn't work like that. In-game the change should be pretty negligible, so this isn't really an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Some feedback on this:

This is cheat-protected in multiplayer because certain parts of gameplay rely on it.

This value shouldn't give any significant performance gains because these calculations are done on the GPU.

Bear in mind that 125>250 in the main menu does not correspond to an extra 125 FPS or even double FPS in-game; graphics rendering doesn't work like that. In-game the change should be pretty negligible, so this isn't really an issue.
    Also not to mention if we let everyone go around fiddling with their cvars it'd end up looking like tf2, cause then some people who take the time to alter the cvars would have a clear and distinct advantage as is evident in TF2 (i would know, i did it).

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Some feedback on this:

But you understand how much we crave an FPS increase, right? Please post some form of update on the AMD GPU performance issue. We're starting to sound like Zombies craving for the smallest FPS increases.
    I used to run BrinkVault. And then the game came out.

17.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #17

We're looking into it.