Co-op Problems, port issues?

(Dr. Herbert West) #1

Many people I see are having issues with creating and inviting people to join a co-op game. This kind of smells like a port problem, with the default seemingly being 27015 set when creating the game. Forwarding that port doesn’t seem to help with the issue, does anyone know what port to forward on routers to allow for co-op play? Or how to solve the issue of not being able to join a game that you’ve been invited to?

Dedicated look to be working but haven’t had a chance to try and join one.

(stormlifter) #2

I’m completely at a loss. I’ve tried quite a few different ideas and nothing works. Why did they betray us this way?

(Melanchthon) #3

Stop being so melodramatic, they’ll fix it.

(Trodamus) #4

Relevant quote: “Most people open port forward 27015 and 27016 but forget to forward 8766.”

So try all of those.

(silicon_ghost) #5

Umm. I play a LOT of co-op PC games. How can a major game be released in 2011 that has such pathetic handling of co-op online WHEN IT WAS A FRICKIN CO-OP BY DESIGN. Both me and my friend opened those stupid ports (“Hello, Brink, ever hear of UPNP?”). Still no go.

Did the devs even bother to beta test outside of a lab environment for networking?

(happydictates) #6

[QUOTE=silicon_ghost;297244]Umm. I play a LOT of co-op PC games. How can a major game be released in 2011 that has such pathetic handling of co-op online WHEN IT WAS A FRICKIN CO-OP BY DESIGN. Both me and my friend opened those stupid ports (“Hello, Brink, ever hear of UPNP?”). Still no go.

Did the devs even bother to beta test outside of a lab environment for networking?[/QUOTE]

This exactly. It’s 2011. I haven’t had to bother with ports for years. Steam is made to facilitate the multiplayer experience and Brink craps all over it.

Even worse - I opened the ports because desperately wanted to play with my friend. Still didn’t work.