Re: IRC Channel for Brink scrims/ladders?

(GreasedScotsman) #1

This thread was originally posted on Brink TV by Rave79, migrated here in an effort to unify competitive discussion.

These are all on irc.QuakeNet.Org

#brink.invite
#brink
#BRINKish #BRINKish BRINKish.eu is back! Join #brink.pickups to get involved with Brink gathers!
#brink.wars BRINK - 10 May (NA) 13 May (EU/AUS)
#brink.pickups Accept no imitations - This is the real deal
#brinktv [ BRINK TV ] [ http://thebrink.tv Launching May 10th ]

And these are on irc.GameSurge.net

#brinkpug [ Brink Pug - News: Coming soon ]
#brink [ Brink Community Channel ]
#brink.pickup Welcome to brink.pickup - House of American brink pickups | Channel not open yet
#brinktv [ BRINK TV ] [ http://thebrink.tv Launching May 10th ]
#brinkscrim [ Brink Scrim Channel - News: Spam Rule: 3 lines per 30 seconds ]

(stonecutter) #2

Quakenet :

#esl.brink <<< international
#gamingpalace <<< german
#5on5.brink <<< international

(General Wolfens) #3

#brink (official)
#gamingpalace (german community)
#esl.brink (competition)
#esl.brink.de (german competition)
#1on1.brink (war-searching)
#2on2.brink (war-searching)
#3on3.brink (war-searching)
#4on4.brink (war-searching)
#5on5.brink (war-searching)
#6on6.brink (war-searching)
#8on8.brink (war-searching)

(General Wolfens) #4

#brink (official)
#gamingpalace (german community)
#esl.brink (competition)
#esl.brink.de (german competition)
#1on1.brink (war-searching)
#2on2.brink (war-searching)
#3on3.brink (war-searching)
#4on4.brink (war-searching)
#5on5.brink (war-searching)
#6on6.brink (war-searching)
#8on8.brink (war-searching)

(G2Wolf) #5

#csn on Gamesurge
#cybersportsnet on Quakenet

IRC Channels for www.Cyber-sports.net , which is hosting events with over $2000 in prize money for BRINK soon.

(Edgar) #6

#brink @ quakenet
#brink.wars @ quakenet
#brink.pickups @ quakenet
http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=brink,brink.wars,brink.pickups

(Je T´aime) #7

brink.pickup at quakenet and gamesurge We we also run TFC and FF pickups, so we know how to run gathers and pickups ; )

(Sway) #8

I’ll be setting up #brink.pug on Gamesurge as well for North American pickup games - if someone is able to get a system up earlier, feel free, and I’d rather combine anyways. I’ve got the bot in #brink.pug.beta right now, where I will be doing all of the testing. All of the commands are functional, but since there are no servers up yet (TOMORROW!), PUGs will not be able to start. I’ll be needing some people over the next few days to test it out - feel free to join.

I’d rather see a single spot for pickup games - I’ve got quite a bit of progress with the bot so far - now it will just be a matter of integrating the bot with remote server control. Should be able to get that set within the first day or two of release. But if someone else has a good system, I’d be more than happy to close up shop :slight_smile:

(Seanza) #9

[QUOTE=Sway;293684]I’ll be setting up #brink.pug on Gamesurge as well for North American pickup games - if someone is able to get a system up earlier, feel free, and I’d rather combine anyways. I’ve got the bot in #brink.pug.beta right now, where I will be doing all of the testing. All of the commands are functional, but since there are no servers up yet (TOMORROW!), PUGs will not be able to start. I’ll be needing some people over the next few days to test it out - feel free to join.

I’d rather see a single spot for pickup games - I’ve got quite a bit of progress with the bot so far - now it will just be a matter of integrating the bot with remote server control. Should be able to get that set within the first day or two of release. But if someone else has a good system, I’d be more than happy to close up shop :)[/QUOTE]

Hey, feel free to swing that bad boy to me as I intend on running a similar channel in Qnet - the one that Greased put in the starting post (#brink.pickups). I have a functioning bot, but I get the impression yours does a lot more.

(Sway) #10

Hey bud. Feel free to add me on Steam - I’d be more than happy to share the bot once I have everything working. Steam link should be in my signature now… if not:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dabaws

I’d say 2-3 days before I’ve got it up and running fully. Once I’ve got access to a dedicated server, I can finally start messing with the server integration.

(Rave) #11

Thanks GS for posting my thread here.

Well, I’m glad to see that IRC channels exist. However, everyone seems to want to create their own channel. I understand wanting channels for very specific areas, but having so many channels available for wars is splitting the community and will make it harder to find matches.

I think some of these folks who created these channels should get together and unify them.

(Rahabib) #12

[QUOTE=Rave;301068]Thanks GS for posting my thread here.

Well, I’m glad to see that IRC channels exist. However, everyone seems to want to create their own channel. I understand wanting channels for very specific areas, but having so many channels available for wars is splitting the community and will make it harder to find matches.

I think some of these folks who created these channels should get together and unify them.[/QUOTE]

I kinda have to agree here. I can understand leagues having different channels, but having different scrim and pickup channels make things more difficult to monitor, especially if you are in game. Also, whats the point of an invite channel? a separate pug channel only makes sense if it has a bot to facilitate it.

So I too would like to see the channels combine if possible. I think, at least for now, you only need 2 channels.
#brinkscrim or #brink (scrim, recruitment, pickups, ringers, etc.)
#brinkpug (with bot to join and manage teams and send out server IPs and vent info)
then you can have your #brinktv and various league channels separate since they do not need to be monitored as much.

on top of this you also have steam and xfire (I dont use it as much as IRC - but some do) so its a lot for a clan leader to monitor.

(Seanza) #13

[QUOTE=Rahabib;301295]I kinda have to agree here. I can understand leagues having different channels, but having different scrim and pickup channels make things more difficult to monitor, especially if you are in game. Also, whats the point of an invite channel? a separate pug channel only makes sense if it has a bot to facilitate it.

So I too would like to see the channels combine if possible. I think, at least for now, you only need 2 channels.
#brinkscrim or #brink (scrim, recruitment, pickups, ringers, etc.)
#brinkpug (with bot to join and manage teams and send out server IPs and vent info)
then you can have your #brinktv and various league channels separate since they do not need to be monitored as much.

on top of this you also have steam and xfire (I dont use it as much as IRC - but some do) so its a lot for a clan leader to monitor.[/QUOTE]

We have 2 different networks that are “popular”; Quakenet and Gamesurge. Qnet is for the Euros and GS is for the NA community, or so it has been in the past. This is a good split as it allows each continent focus on their own practice matches and pugs. This is a good split.

I’m not on GameSurge, but on Quakenet, the main channels to be in (see my sig) for Euros are:
#brink - SplashDamage’s official channel for BRINK
#brink.wars - A place for all teams and players to search for practice matches, mix with friends (or new people) and just help themselves improve. Regardless of teamsize.
#brinktv - This channel is essential in order to stay up to date in the what’s what of BRINK’s competitive and community scene
#brink.pickups - A channel created by admins who have experience in running pickup games in previous SplashDamage released. There is a bot ready, as well as servers.

These channels don’t split the community, but act more as a filter.

(stormLP) #14

#esl.brink @ gamesurge <— National ESLs Brink Channel

(Rahabib) #15

yea I understand the whole Gamesurge Quakenet thing - thats not what I had a problem with. It makes sense to split the NA and EU players. I just dont like having multiple channels essentially doing the same thing. If they dont integrate, you just have to wait for the community to eventually kill off the less popular ones.

I think its strange to have a #splashdamage (quakenet) and #brink that basically offer the same thing. But those are non issues since they dont need to be monitored for clans anyway.

The separating of war searching is plain dumb in my opinion. If I have 4 people online wanting to get in but 2-3 ringers you would have to check 4 different channels for offers. Just have one channel; if someone says 5v5 grab a quick ringer and then you are set.

But I am in NA so Gamesurge is what I use anyway. But I would like to see channels try to combine in to one or two main channels.

anyway - you guy do what you want, but I and probably most people will only check 1-2 main channels anyway (#brinksrim, and #brink.pug (once done))

(stormLP) #16

[QUOTE=Rahabib;301385]yea I understand the whole Gamesurge Quakenet thing - thats not what I had a problem with. It makes sense to split the NA and EU players. I just dont like having multiple channels essentially doing the same thing. If they dont integrate, you just have to wait for the community to eventually kill off the less popular ones.

I think its strange to have a #splashdamage (quakenet) and #brink that basically offer the same thing. But those are non issues since they dont need to be monitored for clans anyway.

The separating of war searching is plain dumb in my opinion. If I have 4 people online wanting to get in but 2-3 ringers you would have to check 4 different channels for offers. Just have one channel; if someone says 5v5 grab a quick ringer and then you are set.

But I am in NA so Gamesurge is what I use anyway. But I would like to see channels try to combine in to one or two main channels.

anyway - you guy do what you want, but I and probably most people will only check 1-2 main channels anyway (#brinksrim, and #brink.pug (once done))[/QUOTE]

I agree the fewer channels the better, #brink, #brinkscrim and #brinkpug are essentially all thats necessary for GAME channels.

As well as #brinktv for brinktv related stuff and seperate league channels such as #esl.brink