Annoying issues blowing my mind...

(Mateos) #1

Hello,

Well, I’ve 2 issues which makes me have headhache ><

The first is a model, cagelighta. It appears ingame, but I can’t find it in its folder, and even GtkRadiant can’t. In models/mapobjects/light I’ve only 3 models and not the one recognized only by game…

The second one is pretty much annoying. Before, when I loaded source maps (Goldrush, Radar), I had the terrain. No longer the case… And as GtkRadiant can’t find as me the models, the map is fully caulked, few squares to say “There’s a model here”, that’s all.

Any idea what can I do to fix these things?

Thanks in advance,

Mateos.

(FireFly) #2

For some reason you are missing alot of models that come with gtkRadiant: The image below shows the models you Should have in models/mapobjects/light

I would try to re-install gtkradiant on top of your excisting version - so do not uninstall it first!- This will keep all of your custom made stuff and it will add the models you are missing…

(Kic) #3

Yes FireFly or He need to extract Pak0.pk3

(nUllSkillZ) #4

As far as I remember some models / textures aren’t shipped with W:ET / pak0.pk3.
Isn’t there an additional pk3 file for mappers?

(Mateos) #5

Thank you, all models are present :slight_smile:

the pack01.pk3 just contain 3 models in models/mapobjects/light, while with GtkRadiant install you have 14 .md3 in that folder.

But still no terrain brushes… I mean, there’s just the caulked brushs under the terrain, no hill, no ground…

(Kic) #6

[QUOTE=Mateos;274917]Hello,

Well, I’ve 2 issues which makes me have headhache ><

The first is a model, cagelighta. It appears ingame, but I can’t find it in its folder, and even GtkRadiant can’t. In models/mapobjects/light I’ve only 3 models and not the one recognized only by game…

The second one is pretty much annoying. Before, when I loaded source maps (Goldrush, Radar), I had the terrain. No longer the case… And as GtkRadiant can’t find as me the models, the map is fully caulked, few squares to say “There’s a model here”, that’s all.

Any idea what can I do to fix these things?

Thanks in advance,

Mateos.[/QUOTE]

I have all models in light folder. You should also install GTK Radiant, but full installion , maybe you installed only basic or custom installion without needed additional models . ( I have installed GTK Radiant 1.4 Q3RTCWET and GTK Radiant 1.5 )
These light models - capelight.md3 are nt really in Pak0.pk3

(KeMoN) #7

[QUOTE=Mateos;274986]
But still no terrain brushes… I mean, there’s just the caulked brushs under the terrain, no hill, no ground…[/QUOTE]

If it is a stock map or a mapfile you decompiled it may be that you filtered the structural brushes.

Fix that via:
GTK Radiant 1.5: View->Filter->Structural if it was filtered the structural field should be checked.

EDIT: Damn it of course detail brushes…sorry

(Mateos) #8

Thanks Kic, I had eveything ticket at installation, I don’t know why it has not installed everything…

Thanks Kemon, the Details brushes weren’t shown in GtkRadiant 1.4.0, I don’t know why, it was ticked… Thanks a lot, before while loading core source maps I had no models and textures issues, now it’s all fixed!