Looking for snowy foliage/bushes...

(Mateos) #1

Hello,

After have read the stickies and googled some days, I haven’t found so far models of snowy foliage and bushes…

If anybody knows where I could find one, I would be thankful :wink:

Thanks in advance,

Mateos.

(Nail) #2

Fuel Dump ?

(Mateos) #3

FuelDump: No foliage, only dead plants and trees. I would like foliage and bushes like there’s temperate ones…

(KeMoN) #4

Well, take the temperate ones and modify the texture.
If you aren’t satisfied with that, I would suggest you to contact Kic. He creates great plant models.

(Mateos) #5

Thanks, I’ll try it.

I’ve found model/mapobjects/plants_sd/bush_snow1.tga, I have to find the related model through shaders I guess… If I don’t find it, I’ll put a white filter on temperate skins and make a new shader…

(Kic) #6

[QUOTE=Mateos;274813]Thanks, I’ll try it.

I’ve found model/mapobjects/plants_sd/bush_snow1.tga, I have to find the related model through shaders I guess… If I don’t find it, I’ll put a white filter on temperate skins and make a new shader…[/QUOTE]

You should also extract Pak0.pk3 in etmain folder to etmain. With radiant is installed only a few models and textures . Then you will find your snow bushes .

(Mateos) #7

Textures and models are extracted since I’ve started mapping :wink: But haven’t found in shaders or by searching *.md3 the related model of the file. So I will try to download modified foliage and bushes, and find a way to put a white filter on the .tga files… For now I’m more on building up the terrain and buildings themselves.

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

(Avoc) #8

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18033

Scroll down, you can use the ‘Snow Assets’ in that thread.

(Mateos) #9

Thank you, exactly it… Heat will also be a very nice skybox, I needed something lie this for lighting! :slight_smile: