Problems with punkbuster and Microsoft Security Essentials

(Scrupus) #1

If you get kicked by Punkbuster for corrupted packet flow and run Microsoft Security Essentials, try to turn of the real-time protection in MSE.

This problem suddenly started for me yesterday, and I got kicked on every server - until I turned of the real-time protection.

Never had problems with MSE before, so must be something in the latest update.

Today I see a lot of other players that seems to have the same problem around on servers, so hope this tip will help.

(brbrbr) #2

[QUOTE=Scrupus;270868]If you get kicked by Punkbuster for corrupted packet flow and run Microsoft Security Essentials, try to turn of the real-time protection in MSE.

This problem suddenly started for me yesterday, and I got kicked on every server - until I turned of the real-time protection.

Never had problems with MSE before, so must be something in the latest update.

Today I see a lot of other players that seems to have the same problem around on servers, so hope this tip will help.[/QUOTE]

sadly MSE had NO setting to tweak realtime protection more detaily.
and network virus protection even not enumerated. or maybe its just “check all files downloaded from internel” option, in action.
but in short, MSE is relatively young product, in current shape[as part of OS], so underperform sometimes.
even Avast or ClamAV[forks with RT check ability] perform better in 90% cases.

(Scrupus) #3

Yeah, it didn’t help to turn of Network Inspection and such. But adding the etqw and pbstreamA/B executables to ignore list worked, so that’s an alternative for those who want to keep realtime protection on.

(AnthonyDa) #4

WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!
(once again, you are wrong)

(brbrbr) #5

[QUOTE=AnthonyDa;270924]WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!
(once again, you are wrong)[/QUOTE]

you wrongness is wrong, way more than my righteousness was right! again !!
at least in versions between 1 and 3, MSE had NO options to tweak networking-related things, anyway.

(Stein) #6

http://www.thole.org/hendrik/2010/03/15/microsoft-security-essentials-corrupted-packet-flow/

(Gradis) #7

[QUOTE=brbrbr;271706]you wrongness is wrong, way more than my righteousness. again !!
at least in versions between 1 and 3, MSE had NO options to tweak networking-related things, anyway.[/QUOTE]

you wrongness is wrong

(Nehtor) #8

thanks for posting this Scrupus