Multiplayer skins in ET?

(AtomiQue) #1

When I was looking at screenshots from Enemy Territory, I noticed, that in single player, player classes have got new skins, but in the multiplayer they stayed the same.
So, in final version, will be there an ability to choose new skins in multiplayer? :eek:
Thanx!

(Fluffy_gIMp) #2

The multiplayer shots you saw are probably older ones, as the newer shots released feature the same models as single player.

As for choosing skins in multiplayer, it brings about a number of issues: The job of the skin should be to identify the player’s team and class, if you allow players to change their skin then you remove the constant look of a class, making it harder for other players to easily identify them.

-Fluffy_gIMp

(AtomiQue) #3

Wow, cool. I like new skins!!! Thank you very much! :clap:

I agree about identifying team classes, etc. But there is a solution imho. Example: You have chosen new skin, and you see all other players with new skins. But they see you with the skin they set for themselves. Just like cg_forcemodels in Quake3 but set to default. I’m glad to hear, that new skins will be in multiplayer, so that is not a problem for me anymore, but I’m sure that somebody will whine about new skins. :banghead:

Sorry for my poor English. :disgust:

(|X|Avenger) #4

How about having some skin sets; skins that the entire team would use depending on the map involved – that would still allow easy identification of class. On snow maps, for example, it would be very cool to have winter uniforms. Could this be done?

Ok – I just saw the variable units post – Awesome!