Patch for RTCW under Windows 7.

(vicpas) #1

RTCW Single Player OPEN GL Fix For Windows 7
http://www.rtcwmap.de/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=73&func=fileinfo&id=1847

(ronboy) #2

Nice find Vicpas! :stroggtapir:

(Eugeny) #3

Hi VicPas.
You can ask the creator of the source of this fix?

(vicpas) #4

No, Eugeny.

I am not finding him.

(Nail) #5

try here:

http://wolfenstein-hq.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=202#post202

(ronboy) #6

This is handy since my new computer I’ll be getting in a few days has windows 7. Thanks for finding this fix Vicpas! :stroggtapir:

(vicpas) #7

New computer? Congratulations Ronboy, Then you will play the great addons for RTCW.

(ronboy) #8

Yes, I’m looking foward to it. I’ll edit this post later with the information on my new computer. Thanks again for the fix.

(d3Xter) #9

in most cases the patch works, sry not 100% !

greetz :slight_smile:
d3Xter

(ronboy) #10

My new computer has arrived! Here is some basic info on it:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
AMD Duo Core Processor
1 TB Hard Drive
This patch allowed Rtcw to run on it. Thanks again for finding this, Vicpas. :stroggbanana:

(vicpas) #11

Nice to know that you got new PC, Ronboy.
Now you will can play all great addons made for RTCW and you will learn many things about mapping, studying each map, scripts and designer from these releaseds.

(Selvaraj) #12

There be obliged to be a small number of of the settings of the customization setting of the gaming console; I recommend you to make sure the settings are be supposed to be configured appropriately. Click here

(kokney) #13

Hi
I just picked up a second hand win 7 x64 machine, installed RTCW and it ran first time no problems. Maybe I got lucky? BUT where the heck is the config.cfg? Its no longer in Main and it doesnt come up on a Windows search and yet my settings (ie gamename) are being stored so what on earth is going on? I need to use my own .cfg as it;s the one Ive used for five years! Any ideas?

(Ladderman) #14

Hi ronboy

My apologies for restarting an old thread,but i have tried your suggestions to get RTCW(SP) running without lag in post #16.

When i changed the target .exe to run the quake3 .exe from the start menu shortcut,i get an could not load default .cfg error message.

When i use msconfig and go to boot/advanced options it says that i am using 1 processor(s).

Can you help me as to what i am doing wrong so that i can get this great game running smoothly again.Thanks for looking

Colin

(vicpas) #15

Hello, Ladderman.

Try to place this file on attachment on your RTCW/Main folder

(Ladderman) #16

Hi vicpas

I tried the default.cfg file that you suggested,but that didn’t help.The strange thing is,if i turn around 360 degrees in a room,cavern,etc the framerate varies wildly!?.

Colin

(ronboy) #17

[QUOTE=Ladderman;442028]Hi vicpas

I tried the default.cfg file that you suggested,but that didn’t help.The strange thing is,if i turn around 360 degrees in a room,cavern,etc the framerate varies wildly!?.

Colin[/QUOTE]
You are having similar problems that I also had before I fixed them. First of all, renaming Wolfsp.exe should not cause any kind of error.

(Eugeny) #18

Try my patch RtCW with Support Subtitles

(ronboy) #19

Are you having lag issues with Rtcw sp? Try typing this in your Rtcw console: /r_primitives 2. Press the enter key after that, and hopefully the lag will go away!
Thanks to skuzzy (Matthew Weichold) for this solution.

(Lucky_Phil) #20

This patch is great!
I found that I cannot change the resolution above 800 x 600 in my Windows 7 64 bit
But that’s OK.
Just so very happy to be able to play this old favourite again.
:slight_smile: