Hit Sounds

(TheMiGiZZEl) #1

Is it possible to change the hit sound from config.

(Nail) #2

no

(Ghosthree3) #3

I just want to make it louder.

(Amerika) #4

Interesting. I think the head dinks specifically are really quite loud. And body shots I don’t really care about hearing that much but still are loud enough (for me).

(Ghosthree3) #5

Weird, they’re really quiet for me, perhaps related to VoIP being ear piercing loud. I have all the volumes on 100% and the master on 1%. Unfortunately the range of audio volume options is limited in such a way that I can’t really turn any of them down.

I want them to be Quake loud, so I can pat myself on the back for long loud beeps.

(XavienX) #6

[quote=“Ghosthree3;49582”]Weird, they’re really quiet for me, perhaps related to VoIP being ear piercing loud. I have all the volumes on 100% and the master on 1%. Unfortunately the range of audio volume options is limited in such a way that I can’t really turn any of them down.

I want them to be Quake loud, so I can pat myself on the back for long loud beeps.[/quote]

Well I have master volume on 100%, and I hear it loud and clear.

(jetJester) #7

There should be more customization imho, with hitsound, sensibility CFG, and crosshair; TF2 is a good example of a customizable game.
Anyway what really bothers me is the crosshair, i can’t stand that it disappear when you iron sight

(Black) #8

Hit beeps are overrated.
Just use hitmarkers, feels way better to me.

(misspo) #9

I like hit sound

(Amerika) #10

[quote=“Ghosthree3;49582”]Weird, they’re really quiet for me, perhaps related to VoIP being ear piercing loud. I have all the volumes on 100% and the master on 1%. Unfortunately the range of audio volume options is limited in such a way that I can’t really turn any of them down.

I want them to be Quake loud, so I can pat myself on the back for long loud beeps.[/quote]

When I would smurf under a different name, especially in CPM, I’d play as “doot” due to the sound a rail hit made. It was so satisfying even though the sound really didn’t fit the game all that much :slight_smile:

[quote=“BlackFro;49613”]Hit beeps are overrated.
Just use hitmarkers, feels way better to me.[/quote]

I use hitbeeps in this game to train myself to go for those beeps. If I am shooting somebody and I don’t hear beeps I’ll pay a bit more attention to my aim. It’s good positive reinforcement.

(PenguinHorde) #11

is it bad if i removed hit markers and just go for bips?

(Osl112) #12

I agree with the points asking for a few more custom options regarding hit beeps. I have them on, but agree with @Ghosthree3 that they seem a touch quiet. At least with how I currently have my set up.

Ideally, I would prefer them to be a little more distinguishable (between getting a headshot and being headshotted). Every now and again I get a little mixed up; my hearing isn’t terrible but I certainly have a little bit of trouble sometimes picking hit beeps out in the heat of battle.

(Black) #13

[quote=“Amerika;49627”]
I use hitbeeps in this game to train myself to go for those beeps. If I am shooting somebody and I don’t hear beeps I’ll pay a bit more attention to my aim. It’s good positive reinforcement.[/quote]

The sounds I get from shooting people especially in the head are already satisfying enough.

(CCP115) #14

The sounds are quite nice, and unique, though customizability to the extent of TF2 is always welcome.

Getting headshotted needs a more grating sound though, In my opinion. There should be this terrible crunching of metal on metal, to let you know that you just got rekt.

(RuleofBooKz) #15

i changed my HS hit sounds to a supertankers air blasting foghorns. that is all

(KangaJoo) #16

[quote=“Amerika;49627”][quote=“BlackFro;49613”]Hit beeps are overrated.
Just use hitmarkers, feels way better to me.[/quote]

I use hitbeeps in this game to train myself to go for those beeps. If I am shooting somebody and I don’t hear beeps I’ll pay a bit more attention to my aim. It’s good positive reinforcement.[/quote]
I’ve also heard humans react faster to audio cues than visual cues so, assuming that isn’t a load of BS, it’s actually better to go with beeps enabled and hitmarkers disabled. Even if it’s not true, I prefer to go that route just because it keeps my screen less cluttered.

The main problem I have with the beeps is that the actual sounds they make aren’t satisfying. Sort of sounds like a little kid making “pew pew” sounds.

(Ghosthree3) #17

I want Quake hit beeps.

(Gi.Am) #18

@Ghosthree3 Set Master Volume to 100% thats the default. There seems to be a rare bug where it sets itself to 1% (happend 2 times so far for me). Problem with it is. That some sounds don’t obey the Master volume and they will become extreme loud compared to the rest (voicechat as you noticed, another one is the notification sound for comp play).

On 100% those are all level.

(Ghosthree3) #19

No I set it to 1% myself, because anything above that is too loud.

Annoying about some sounds not obeying volume rules though. Maybe I’ll use windows volume control to scale it instead.

(PurpleNurple) #20

Nyan cat Kira laser sound please.