Expanding own Texture Folders in Radiant

(Krischan) #1

Just a quick question - in Radiant there are some texture sets where the folders are expandable in the texture window, like castle, chat, egypt and so on. What do need I to do that my own texture folders appear expandable there? I tried some combinations but none really worked. I added them to the shaderlist, created folders like mymap_ground in the directory but in Radiant they only line up below instead of expanding… help!

(Yatta) #2

I took a look but did not find any structure definition, so i assume its automatic :

Did you try having multiple .shader files, named like this : “mainName_subName” ?

As in :
“mymap_walls”
“mymap_floors”
“mymap_metals”
“mymap_justinbieberposters”

I assume Gtk will automatically regroup them under a “mymap” group.

(Krischan) #3

I have two folders

ffm
ffm_ground

I have two shaders called ffm.shader and ffm_ground.shader included in shaderlist.txt. As you can see in the screenshot, it doesn’t work automatically. The ET ones work, mine not. But why?

(Yatta) #4

I would suggest you to make sure all your shader files have a “_”, even the “main one”, as follows :

ffm_main.shader
ffm_ground.shader

Tell me if that works.

(Krischan) #5

Nope doesn’t work. But I think I solved it. You need at least TWO different mapname_subfolder folders (including the mapname folder at least three folders!) that it appears correct. Damn. Thanks for your help.

(Yatta) #6

I found this :

http://endarchy.com/howto.php?pg=7