Variable Unis and custom vsay...

(creampuff) #1

I don’t know if your taking suggestions for RTCW:ET, but here goes…
It would be nice to see some custom uniforms that could represent various countries involved in WW2. In addition to American and German countries like England, Russia, Italian, Japanese, etc… You could also give the choice of differnet branches of service for Germans, ie Army, Airforce, or Special Forces. You would just have to change color schemes and insignias. I would love to play a match of Americans vs. English.

Of course the vsay sounds would have to match teh unis.

I would also like some custom vsays for each map. So if I am covering “South Radar”, I could say “Incoming South Radar” and have a similar sound for “North Radar”.

:moo:

(Locki) #2

Hi Creampuff, (hehe! what a greeting!)

One of the problems with RtCW was that it’s character class models used a large amount of memory which meant that having a lot of visual variation was difficult.

However, for Enemy Territory we’re developing a new model system that allows character class models to share animation data, which means that the character classes can be more unique, while saving memory.

The result is that (time allowing) we plan on having campaign specific uniforms for the different campaigns in Enemy Territory. This should mean we have around 30 unique-looking characters that are appropriate to the the surroundings for the different campaign locations, such as North Africa where it’s hot, Central Europe which is temperate and Northern Europe which is icy.

Paul/Locki.

(xero) #3

hey locki anychance of getting a Rants and Raves forums, as well as a misc. forum please =]

:bump:

(|X|Avenger) #4

Good idea on the custom vsay’s – it would be nice to have an “Affirmative Medic on the Way” type vsay. Also maybe custom vsays could be simply implemented for each map so that the actual vasy would vary based on where you are on the map, automatically instead of having different key combos for each location. For example, just have a vsay where you press maybe v89 for 'Incoming" and the location is added according to where you are in the map.