Exclusive map testing - First 2 maps of SP Capuzzo

(-SSF-Sage) #1

A new version is released!!

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/31673-Release-SP-Capuzzo-3-maps?p=389663#post389663

Finally got the first two maps of SP Capuzzo to a fully playable state. So I thought I could put up a testing for them. These two maps are based on the W-ET map Capuzzo Airport, that had to be cutted into two maps, due to aas limitations. I’ve started working on the third map and possibly even more to come, more about it later. This is an exclusive testing, not a release! Please give me feedback of the maps. :slight_smile:

Unzip the zip to your game installation folder!

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26839933/sp_capuzzo_1-2.zip fixed link

(ronboy) #2

Good work on these 2 maps Sage. I like how you used Et stuff to make things different.
I didn’t really notice any bugs, but I have a question. Is the truck in the second map supposed to move some, then stop?

(-SSF-Sage) #3

[QUOTE=ronboy;252124]Good work on these 2 maps Sage. I like how you used Et stuff to make things different.
I didn’t really notice any bugs, but I have a question. Is the truck in the second map supposed to move some, then stop?[/QUOTE]

It is supposed to stay still till you have secured the blueprints, then it drives to the airport. That way I saved a lot of work (the truck actually teleports to the airport entrance immediately when you secure). Making the player run all the way to the start would had been lame, plus the truck has to turn anyway. Thanks!

(.Chris.) #4

All this activity on this section really makes me want to make something!

(Eugeny) #5

Just perfect. In the second picture lighting monotonous.

(ronboy) #6

Yes. Sage did a good job on this. Hope to see more! :icarus:

(vicpas) #7

Hello Sage.
Great and nice work, i have fun playing them.
But they need some corrections, see below.
1º pic: The board is very clear(check all in both maps).
2º pic: The chessboard is very clear.
3º pic: This radio is buried on the table.
4º pic: Where is the water’s textures.
5º pic: The crown of the tree is shifted (check all trees in both maps).

(vicpas) #8

Hi, .Chris.
You wrote:
“All this activity on this section really makes me want to make something”
I write:
Good and keep work.

(-SSF-Sage) #9

Thanks guys! Good find Vicpas! Silly that it still does read the files from folders inside main eventho I have the mission as a mod. It works on local, good note. Sv_pure is 0 by default. :o

(shurr) #10

Terve, Sage.
Some remarks from me.

Texture sliped down (Map City, Radiostation)

I can’t read it

Italian flag, but all soldiers are germans. Vehicles (Opel Blitz, VW 87) has DAK’s decals too

(Pegazus) #11

[QUOTE=shurr;252351]
Italian flag, but all soldiers are germans. Vehicles (Opel Blitz, VW 87) has DAK’s decals too
[/QUOTE]

Think I can explain that. The area where the battle takes part (Capuzzo) was controlled by Italy back then (That’s why there is an Italian flag). Afrika Korps (Germans) were only sent to support Italians, under the control of E. Rommel. That’s why most of the vehicles & troops are German.

Hope that clears the confusion. :slight_smile:

(-SSF-Sage) #12

Thanks!

Hmm funny. The letter worked perfectly on every test. Even the last test. Gotta check when I’m home. :confused:

AFAIK Italians and Nazies worked closely especially on Capuzzo area. If I’m not mistaken it was “owned” by Italians, but as they were allies, they let Nazies use what ever they wanted or something like that. Am not 100% sure of this tho, Pegazus was the history researcher so I trusted him (it’s same flag in MP).

Edit too slow. :stuck_out_tongue:

(ronboy) #13

Yeah, I wondered why that Italian flag was there, but now I know why.
Guess I need to brush up on my knowledge of World War 2. :o

(shurr) #14

[QUOTE=Pegazus;252353]Hope that clears the confusion. :)[/QUOTE]Of course, no problem:wink:
I like this maps. A new theme - African theater, it’s usual for ET, but not for RTCW. Stable FPS. Quality work, I couldn’t found more bugs:)
Keep working, Sage!
P.S. If you need more DAK’s model, I can give a few:

(ronboy) #15

[QUOTE=shurr;252365]Of course, no problem:wink:
I like this maps. A new theme - African theater, it’s usual for ET, but not for RTCW. Stable FPS. Quality work, I couldn’t found more bugs:)
Keep working, Sage!
P.S. If you need more DAK’s model, I can give a few:
[/QUOTE]

I really like that armored car. Where can I download it?

(vicpas) #16

Hey Ronboy,
Ask for Shurr.
His email is shurr@inbox.ru

(ronboy) #17

[QUOTE=vicpas;252371]Hey Ronboy,
Ask for Shurr.
His email is shurr@inbox.ru[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I’ll email him later. :slight_smile:

(vicpas) #18

The notebook works fine for me.

(vicpas) #19