Murder Herd recruiting for Brink PC

(Conq) #1

Well mods, if you want to delete this and slap me on the bum then go head. In my limited searching I couldn’t find a better place or rules against guild recruiting so without further ado…

Murder Herd

We’re mostly known for making an impression in Age of Conan, Darkfall and All Points Bulletin but since we loved the FPS and shooter styles of our last two games so much, we’ve kind of made a jump away from the mmo market (for now) into shooters and Brink is the perfect merger between the genres. Now, about us… I could tell you about what a bad ass, totally rad and hilarious group of murdering assholes we are but I’d rather just shower you with videos of us drinking, singing and killing things… aka having fun. Enjoy.

Click here to find out more about us and how to join. Viva La Resistance… and beer!
:stroggtapir:

(Nail) #2

ok, hmmm APB, how does one make an impression on a game that was shut down 10 weeks after release ?

(xTriXxy) #3

“For those of you not familiar with us, the Herd was founded back in July of 07 by Matriarch and Conq, a real life couple that wanted a little something extra to spice up their sex life. The guild was crafted for Age of Conan…”

what else to say.

may i know how brink will spice up your private life?

(Conq) #4

It’s kind of like bringing a baby into the world and holding it’s hand as it passes out. We were a strong part of the closed beta, probably the largest guild at retail and one the largest guild to sit with it till the end. Might have only been ten weeks but I’ve got more screen shots, videos and happy memories from it than games I’ve played for years. Regardless of it’s downfalls (and inevitable downfall) it earned a chapter in the Herd’s history.

[QUOTE=Elit3s.com;252046]“For those of you not familiar with us, the Herd was founded back in July of 07 by Matriarch and Conq, a real life couple that wanted a little something extra to spice up their sex life. The guild was crafted for Age of Conan…”

what else to say.

may i know how brink will spice up your private life?[/QUOTE]

Please, the majority of nerds around the world would kill to have a girlfriend that actually wants to play video games with them… **** most nerds would just kill to have a girlfriend. :tongue:

(Trig_) #5

Thought this was interesting… it was under your charter.

"Always Play Your Gender

As in don't play a female in game if you're obviously a dude in real life. This isn't about us caring what you play, it's about keeping a certain stereotype of gamer out of the Herd."

…So are Girls Aloud in your Brink clan?

(darthmob) #6

Your avatar is awesome!
(I mean it.)

(DarkangelUK) #7

[QUOTE=trigonometryhappy;252055]
…So are girls aloud in your Brink clan?[/QUOTE]

If Girls Aloud were in the clan, i’d be joining straight away! mmmmmmmmm Kimberly…

(Slade05) #8

I guess they will be low tier comp meat for any halfassed ETQW or ET clan.
This MMORPG mentality never leads to anything good.

(Cankor) #9

[QUOTE=trigonometryhappy;252055]Thought this was interesting… it was under your charter.

"Always Play Your Gender

As in don't play a female in game if you're obviously a dude in real life. This isn't about us caring what you play, it's about keeping a certain stereotype of gamer out of the Herd."

Based on the previous comment, I suspect this rule is so that when you’re “flirting” with a member of the opposite sex in between bashing heads you don’t later find out you were “flirting” with a dude.

So they started in a different genre and are finding they like FPS’s. They are obviously a social clan and not a comp clan, give them a break. If nothing else they have a cool name :slight_smile:

(Conq) #10

Well, this forum has a way of eating my replies. It told me yesterday that my post had to be approved by a moderator first. I guess it wasn’t PG enough but I’ll try again…

Eh, Murder Herd was a large part of closed beta, probably the largest clan going into retail and one of the largest clans to stay with it until the plug was pulled. Despite it’s downfalls (and inevitable downfall) I have more sceenshots, videos and happy memories from APB than from games I’ve played for years. It’s earned honorable mention in our history.

[QUOTE=Elit3s.com;252046]“For those of you not familiar with us, the Herd was founded back in July of 07 by Matriarch and Conq, a real life couple that wanted a little something extra to spice up their sex life. The guild was crafted for Age of Conan…”

what else to say.

may i know how brink will spice up your private life?[/QUOTE]

Well most nerds would kill to have a girlfriend that actually likes playing videos games with them, hell most nerds would kill to just have a girlfriend. Try it sometime. :tongue:

[QUOTE=trigonometryhappy;252055]Thought this was interesting… it was under your charter.

"Always Play Your Gender

Yes, the guild leader Matriarch, is very much a girl. The gender restriction doesn’t particularly apply in this situation since Brink doesn’t even have female characters available.

She was actually pretty pissed when she found out about that, I told her she could play a max skinny, max short dude with a mask and we’d pretend it was a girl for her sake but instead she wants to go the other way and make Matriarch a max large, black beefcake with a presumably huge throbbing wang. Hawt huh?

Ha, good one but it was actually my girlfriends idea. One of the conditions of co-running the guild with me. I agree with it though, most guys who play female characters are the biggest losers in the world. They either just want to get off at making their pixels dance half naked or aren’t secure enough in their own sexuality to handle looking at the back side of a male character. They’re pathetic and don’t have a place in the Herd.

[QUOTE=Slade05;252136]I guess they will be low tier comp meat for any halfassed ETQW or ET clan.
This MMORPG mentality never leads to anything good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we’re a very social clan although we’ve always done pretty well on the competitive side. Being a laid back guild is a boon in competitive gaming since you don’t really care enough about the game to rage over it which means you all get along better and can coordinate better.

(Nail) #11

If you’re serious, I’d suggest trying Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory (free game by Splash Damage) or the Enemy Territory:Quake Wars demo to get a feel for objective shooters in this vein

(Conq) #12

Cool, I’ll check it out. We mostly play BFBC2 these days.

(LyndonL) #13

Yeah, that’s NOT objective gaming as much as they claim it is :slight_smile:

Try ET:QW probably… it’d be more like Brink than W:ET would.

(.Chris.) #14

No it wouldn’t, ET is probably more closer to Brink than ET:QW, map size, vehicles, aliens…

(light_sh4v0r) #15

Problem is finding a decent W:ET server for newbies. I guess ranked servers have their purpose :wink:

(LyndonL) #16

True… but I was thinking pacing etc… closer to ETQW than WET

(Conq) #17

Well I think we’ll stick to BC2 for now, I understand Brink is the “spiritual successor” to ET but it isn’t Brink: Enemy Territory and I doubt an obsessive level of fandom to the original franchise is going to make much of a difference.

Considering the money going into it’s production and advertising, it’s multitude of platforms and the new IP, I’ll bet most people who pick up Brink will have never have heard of Enemy Territory.

(tokamak) #18

I would still love to see an W:ET LIVE version. Just classic W:ET without bells and whistles with a huge playerbase.

(Apples) #19

[QUOTE=Conq;252590]Well I think we’ll stick to BC2 for now, I understand Brink is the “spiritual successor” to ET but it isn’t Brink: Enemy Territory and I doubt an obsessive level of fandom to the original franchise is going to make much of a difference.

Considering the money going into it’s production and advertising, it’s multitude of platforms and the new IP, I’ll bet most people who pick up Brink will have never have heard of Enemy Territory.[/QUOTE]

Its not about the money invested, its about the objective based gamestyle IMO.

(Ashog) #20

Anyone xplain why recruit X months before game is released?

Say, someone gets recruited now. So what do you guys do in the meanwhile for the next X months? Plan tacs & strats for the non-existing maps? Train your fingers? Practice tbags? Or mutual wanking? I don’t get it :slight_smile: