IP redirect from one server to another

(BlackEight) #1

Hi

I have two servers but I am planning to close one. Is that possible to make IP redirect from that server (that one that is about to be closed) to my second server? I mean, when player is connecting to one server then he get automatically redirected to another…

Regards,

(macbeth) #2

[QUOTE=BlackEight;249998]Hi

I have two servers but I am planning to close one. Is that possible to make IP redirect from that server (that one that is about to be closed) to my second server? I mean, when player is connecting to one server then he get automatically redirected to another…

Regards,
8[/QUOTE]
yes
1/just keep few slots on the server u are closing
so try to have few guys to tell at the guys where u play now

2/add a banner with the new IP server

3/add this line for your server.cfg

set sv_fullMSG “et://xxxxxx:27960” //Redirect to other server if full

4/and for your server name modify the name for closing and moving for IP xxxxxxxxxxxx

(stealth6) #3

you could try putting it down to 1 slot, making it a private slot and then changing the redirect message to what Macbeth said

(BlackEight) #4

Hym, thats the IP redirect when server is already full. However what I plan to do is set one server as 25 slots, put around 15 bots in there and use that server as…decoy? Don’t know how to put that. I have 2 servers with different IPs but the other server is working for that first server by redirecting clients so thanks to that I will have double chance to get new players. Do you you know what I mean?

Thanks for tips,

(stealth6) #5

maybe what I said will still work?

25 slots 15 bots, 11 private slots (=full server)

Then client gets mesage server is full, redirect to xxxxxx?

(Domagoj) #6

sorry for a bumping old thread, but didnt want to open new, so ive done all you told nd still not working, im trying to connect on that full server and Ive put all the needed things, but when im connecting it says awaiting challenge and this ET://81.91.242.31:27966

But ive heard, smthing about ui_autoredirect 0/1, where should I enable it? in command line or where? thx

(NovaPrime) #7

I think you can put ui_autoredirect 1 in your autoexec.cfg

(Domagoj) #8

u mean server.cfg?

(Dragonji) #9

And your client have to be patched to 2.60b :slight_smile:

(cheesy) #10

No, “autoexec.cfg” file located in your etmain. If you’re goal is to allow auto redirection (most people do not want this), then place that cvar in your autoexec.cfg and yes you will want 2.60b client for that (the only real feature 2.55 client doesn’t have).

Server-side the owner must have added this to his server.cfg
set sv_fullMSG “et://xxxxxx:27960” //Redirect to other server if full

If you have 2.55 client it simply displays a message, but with 2.60b it will try to redirect you.

Careful, this can be dangerous. If you click on a server, it may redirect you to ZippysCrazyPk3Pharm server and you will end up with a bunch of misconfigured crap on your client.

(morsik) #11

You can just forward port from one server to another in iptables (firewall).

(Patriotqube) #12

you can use serverfacade to do it