marko s temple maps

(macbeth) #1

we use to play 2 jumps for our servers
so with the MLB temple , marko blocked the roof temple to cant use the roof anymore to get the objective w/o the tank
i know Marko since 2003 and tested all his maps and he always hated the 2 jumps :stuck_out_tongue:
to sad than he lefts ET
i dont remember exactly the temple map version we used in the past to can use the 2 jumps
or did a way to get a script for MLB temple to can use this 2 jumps again
a script to use for MLB temple will be the best i think
thanks you guys

(phisherman) #2

Unfortunately, it’s possible with scripting. Hopefully you dont find anybody who does it.

(stealth6) #3

just disable double jump?

Also can you call it double jump instead of ‘2 jump’ that was pretty confusing to read.

(macbeth) #4

[QUOTE=stealth6;245863]just disable double jump?

Also can you call it double jump instead of ‘2 jump’ that was pretty confusing to read.[/QUOTE]

lol no :stuck_out_tongue:
we play since 2003 with 2 jumps and we are not going to modified one of our server settings
yes sorry i mean double jump

(phisherman) #5

Sorry, did I misunderstand you? Do you look for a way to BLOCK getting the objective without the tank or do you want to make it possible?

(stealth6) #6

Judging from the story I think remove the block.

(macbeth) #7

i am sorry cuz mine english is very poor
yes it is to remove the block
i will really appreciate if one of you can give me a script
thanks you

(ailmanki) #8

The temple roof, you cannot remove the playerclip by mapscript.

(.Chris.) #9

Didn’t he release the map sources a while back?

(macbeth) #10

yes he did

maybe somes of you will know how to unblock the roof ?

(phisherman) #11

[QUOTE=ailmanki;245906]The temple roof, you cannot remove the playerclip by mapscript.[/QUOTE]Arent you the guy who runs this big etpro-db? You should really know whats possible with mapscripting and what isnt… No offense.

(ailmanki) #12

I thought it is not possible to modify an existing brush being in worldspawn using mapscripts.
Correct me please if there is way to modify such a brush?

No offense taken, I do not run a etpro-db… but I made modified quite a few mapscripts.

(mortis) #13

I’m pretty sure that you can’t remove structural brushes, but you might be able to alter/remove a playerclip, although I fail to see the need for the trick jumps. In general, I would ADD playerclips to prevent those sorts of exploits. O_o

It’s been quite a while since I messed around with the remove function in etpro, so I can’t speak with 100% confidence on this subject.

There are other possibilities, but I’d have to see the source and/or decompile the map to be certain as to how Marko is blocking the trick jump entrance…

(phisherman) #14

[QUOTE=ailmanki;245962]I thought it is not possible to modify an existing brush being in worldspawn using mapscripts.
Correct me please if there is way to modify such a brush?[/QUOTE]Oh no I’m sorry, it’s my fault. The playerclip we’re talking about is a func_static.[QUOTE=mortis;245963]In general, I would ADD playerclips to prevent those sorts of exploits. O_o[/QUOTE]That’s exactly my opinion, so hereby I ask again not to create such a script.

(ailmanki) #15

Well this topic is kinda confusing :smiley:

With doublejump you can already get to the objective as far as I know. Maybe there is a clip in the objective room… not sure if there is or not in MLB-temple version.

But I though MacBeth talks about the roof of the hole building, and that brush is not a func_static I thought.
Question is which clip MacBeth is talking about, maybe a screenshot of it?

(phisherman) #16

[QUOTE=ailmanki;245966]But I though MacBeth talks about the roof of the hole building, and that brush is not a func_static I thought.
Question is which clip MacBeth is talking about, maybe a screenshot of it?[/QUOTE]I think we’re talking about the upper platform of the temple, because the roof is clipped/caulked. You would have to recompile the map to create a way over the roof.

(acQu) #17

Spreading such a script is no problem imo. Just gotta respect mapauthors opinion. And he seems to be ok with it, judging little topic here by a TC who reminds me of someone :slight_smile:

Then about writing such a script. Some say not possible. But here it comes. Im your hero haha. No kidding. But there would be indeed a possibility. But you would need to test it.

Would work with the remapshader command, ever heard of that ? If not. It’s a command which you gotta place inside a mapscript and then it will remap a certain shader with another. You gotta specify which shader to remap with which other one in that command.

Then you probably run etpro, so etpro mapscripting works. Also i assume you are talking about the pic posted in post nr 16 and you just want to remove that. Because otherwise im talking senseless sh!t right now ehem… *cogh

Anyways. Place that command inside the script and remap the clip shader with it. Then you gotta go and debug the map afterwards (insert fake brushes maybe to simulate the clipping), because that command will actually remove ALL the clipping inisde the map and therefore maybe you will be able to run through a plant or something, trees dont become blocky anymore etc etc

Too much wrote from me ? Am i now a internet hero :smiley:

But you must try first as i said.

(acQu) #18

Spreading such a script is no problem imo. Just gotta respect mapauthors opinion. And he seems to be ok with it, judging little topic here by a TC who reminds me of someone :slight_smile:

Then about writing such a script. Some say not possible. But there would be indeed a possibility. But you would need to test it. Would work with the remapshader command, ever heard of that ? If not. It’s a command which you gotta place inside a mapscript and then it will remap a certain shader with another. You gotta specify which shader to remap with which other one in that command.

Then you probably run etpro, so etpro mapscripting works ? Also i assume you are talking about the pic posted in post nr 16 and you just want to remove that. Because otherwise im talking senseless sh!t right now ehem… *cogh

Anyways. Place that command inside the script and remap the clip shader with it. Then you gotta go and debug the map afterwards (insert fake brushes maybe to simulate the clipping), because that command will actually remove ALL the clipping inisde the map and therefore maybe you will be able to run through a plant or something, trees dont become blocky anymore etc etc

Too much wrote from me ? Am i now a internet hero :smiley:

(acQu) #19

Then about writing such a script. Some say not possible. But there would be indeed a possibility. But you would need to test it. Try use the remapshader command and remap the clip shader and see what happens.

Greetz

[shortened this a bit :))

(acQu) #20

Then about writing such a script. Some say not possible. But there would be indeed a possibility. But you would need to test it. Try use the remapshader command and remap the clip shader and see what happens.

Greetz

[shortened this a bit :)]