Greetings and salutations

(Princess Stomper) #1

Hi

I’ve come over from Bethesda Game Studios forums to follow development on Brink. I think it’s a very interesting-looking game, and really look forward to seeing what you guys have been up to.

I’m just going to post this here for no real reason, other than I think he’s cute and kinda want to adopt him:

:stroggtapir:

cough Anyway, nice to meet you all. Usual info - 32/F/England, I like playing and modding Bethesda’s games, and lots of other games too (mostly shooters and RPGs - I have a thing for genre-hybrids), and my husband’s a huge fan of Enemy Territory and Quake Wars so we’re both pretty intrigued by Brink. :slight_smile:

(Nail) #2

(Berzerkr) #3

Hello, would you show the mods you released?

(shagileo) #4

Heyho and welcome !

(Princess Stomper) #5

Hehe … of course:

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone. :slight_smile:

BTW - what is the standing joke about tapirs? I’ve never understood that.

:stroggtapir: <— soooo cute! I want one!

(shagileo) #6

oh - nono you seriously don’t want a stroggtapir… they haz hax
Look at that red eyeball … :eek:

The legend of the mighty tapir can be found here somewhere on the forum… it’s a true quest, because the truth is out there eery music comes to climax as credits roll over screen

(Nail) #7

In the beginning there were rainbow coloured equines vying to make it into Splash Damage’s new game (later revealed as ET:QW) as part of My Little Pony:Combat Edition, soon difficulties with the Ponies anti-war stance further exacerbated by copyright difficulties led to the banning of any animal as a lead character for a period of several years, meanwhile the tapirs, who were also up for some game time were given the honour of being the keepers of “The Great Secret”

and now they’re also mascots, along of course with Salteh, but I’m told his nose isn’t prehesile

(Pegazus) #8

[quote=Nail;192748]
and now they’re also mascots, along of course with Salteh, but I’m told his nose isn’t prehesile[/quote]

I thought Salteh wears a costume every day :o

Oh well, Welcome Princess Stomper :slight_smile: Nice work you got there on the website so stick around here m8.

(badman) #9

Welcome, Princess Stomper! :slight_smile:

(Salteh) #10

Splash Damage rocks your socks and tapirs are forever.
http://community.enemyterritory.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9378

(welcome!)

(Hungry Donner) #11

Oh no, there are more of coming out the woodwork, when will the insanity end!

As animals go tapirs are pretty cool, and Malayan tapirs are particularly striking. I’m still more of a pangolin fan, but compared to Bethesda’s old mascot, Bad Dog, I’d take a tapir any day.

(Princess Stomper) #12

Wow - thank you for such a wonderfully warm welcome :slight_smile:

I wonder if the tapir’s red eyeball is the source of the evil red ray of death in ET:QW?

:smiley:

(Leydenne) #13

Helllllloooo Princess. :smiley: I need a reason to use a Tapir emote!

Eh. No I don’t. My new favorite emote :stroggtapir:

And, uhm ahem I followed Princess and HD on over from the Bethesda forums. Brink looks mighty interesting. :smiley:

(Attrebus) #14

I followed HD, Stompy and Lydenne over from the Bethesda forums as well.

I think all you really need to know is that I’m Australian. Make of that what you will!

(Hungry Donner) #15

You have a pouch?

(Attrebus) #16

You say that like you don’t already know the answer!

Hint: the answer is of course! Where else will I keep my kangaroo?

(Hungry Donner) #17

Lucky, trying to keep this opposum in my pocket just doesn’t work very well.

(Attrebus) #18

I thought you were just happy to see me.

(Hungry Donner) #19

They aren’t mutually exclusive.

(Nail) #20

OK. all you new people, download, install W:ET 2.60b version, play lots then prepare for SD gaming

:wink: