ASE Models

(Stealth) #1

Is there a limit to how many brushes per ASE model?

For example, I have railing all over the top and bottom parts of my ship map. What I’ve done is select all railing below deck and made it an ASE model. Should I separate it in sections?

The reason is I’m getting that safe_malloc error. And when I delete my ASE models, I don’t get the error.

I’ve added the -lomem switch, changed my virtual memory settings, changed my gridsize to 256 256 512.

I’m pretty much stumped.

(ailmanki) #2

No experience with this, but my guess would be yes - separate them. If I understand correctly you have there a huge ASE. It looks like it would be possible to use the same ase more then once, maybe that would help aswel.

(Detoeni) #3

Your whole map can be one masive ase if you want, but it is more than likely going to compile with errors or not at all (as you’v found).
I’v never had a problem from lots of small ase’s in a level, the most I’v had was over 800 and some of them were made up from lots even smaller ase’s merged into a larger one.
I would break up the railings, if you still get problems maybe try forcing a lower lightmapscale on them.