type gibs

(Diego) #1

func_explosive, target_effect, and target_explosive all have a key/value pair in the entities for type/gibs.

However, there are no models and textures associated with this type in ET. I did manage to find a sound file to work with the sound the gib type is looking for. But I don’t know which models are being called to get the gib debris to work. I’ve tried using the models from RTCW, but I guess they are either not named correctly, or I am not putting them in the right location.

Anyone have an idea how to find out what models these entities are looking for?

(Avoc) #2

Only thing I could find was

models > mapobjects > debris

I’ve never found the wood debris however.

(BackSnip3) #3

@Avoc: The wood gibs are located in models/gibs/wood/

@Diego: I though the flesh gib models were not included in ET by default, but only with mods.
In ETmain, only blood decals appear if I’m not wrong.
I know it cause I asked Scennative to add them(the flesh gibs) in his mod because there was none.
Try to load your map in a mod with flesh gibs when players receives explosive damage(etpub, jaymod and nq should have them),maybe it will help you…

(Diego) #4

Hmm, I guess getting this to work is not as simple as packing these gib models into my map. Tried that and it still didn’t work correctly even when loading a jaymod or etpub server. I guess I’ll just stick to the hack I’m doing with the func_explosive. I made a flesh shader for it and I’m just using the “rock” type with it. Still makes a “rock” sound though when they bounce around the floor. But I guess that can’t be helped.

I’ll keep my flesh gib effect in there in case it does actually work on a modded server. But if not, the players will at least get something.

(shagileo) #5

Yey, Fresh meat ! :stroggbanana: