Wolfenstein. Enemy terrioty map problem

(Raggler) #1

hello guys im having bit of a problem dont know what else to do. ok i use gtkradiant to make maps for et online well i can get it online with lights and ammo and health cabnits and stuff like that ok when i type in the rcon “password” map “the map” it loads it then we download it then when we get in its ok for the world spwn we can see everything and move around but when we go to choose a side it will say were spwning as etc then the internet connection thing pops up till we exit out the whole wolfenstein program idk what to do anymore there are multiple spwn points for red and blue and each side of map im making team death match map if you can help me out i got teamviewer just reply on this thread

or you can add me on xfire my name is “czear”

:(:(:(:penguin::stroggbanana:

(acQu) #2

Hi,

i would advice you to test your map locally without internet connection. Testing it online should really be one of the last steps you do when trying to create a map.

The error you have could be that you forgot to set your mapcoords values, but i am not sure. Basic tutorials are a fine thing. :slight_smile:

Maybe just set them properly and then go test your map again.

(Raggler) #3

ok im going to try that last i checked that it worked when i put the pk3 file into my etamin folder then i put in etmain /devmap hope
so let me check lol

will post in 10 mins kk

(Raggler) #4

ok i just hosted cortex then i typed in etmain /devmap hope it automatacally spwned me as what i was on corted allies it worked there fine but idk why it wont work online maybe if you could remote support help ime it would be great

(stealth6) #5

try opening the limbo menu on local host (don’t knwo if you tried that already or not)

Maybe you are running 2 different versions? on localhost 2.60b and on the server 2.55, since this bug only occurs on 2.55 I think.
Open the map and check woldspawn for th mapcoordsmax and the mapcoordsmin, if these aren’t set correctly or set at all, then the map crashes when you open the limbo menu on a 2.55 server

EDIT: http://www.pythononline.co.uk/et/tutorial03.htm

scroll down it says what to do.

(acQu) #6

You let strange people in your PC :wink:

Well i dont have experience with stuff like that, but i can tell you that all you need to test your map locally is compiling it and just starting the et.exe at the same file directory. I mean that you dont even have to pack it up as its very uncomfortable. Just compile and look at maps folder for the .bsp, then go some file hierarchy above to the responsible et.exe and start it up and type in “g_gametype 2”, “sv_pure 0” and “devmap mapname”. That way you just have tested it locally without packing it.

Why it worked locally ? Well are you on 2.6 locally ? That could be the reason, as with the mapcoords beeing not set it will still work on 2.6, while it absolutely will freeze the server when beeing on 2.55.

Try to use the search function here and type in “mapcoordsmins” “mapcoordsmaxs” and read everything you can get.

gl

[edit] or just read the link in stealth post. Seems to be what you search.

(stealth6) #7

Hehe NM toooooo slooooooowwwwwwww :penguin:

:D:D

(Raggler) #8

ok my map is kinda big i did set the map coords hopefully right and yes i tried both ways to get on the map. this is the final step then i will kno how to make a map to work on our server were trying to make our own custom maps
but kk let me try this like you guys said ill post in like 5 mins

(Raggler) #9

ok also when i use the bsp maker on the gtk were do i put the .bak file and the .prt file in maybe that is what is wrong with it

(stealth6) #10

.bak is a backup file, if you ever loose the .map file rename it from .bak to .map and you have the map file again :slight_smile:

So don’t include it in the pk3. (Also don’t include the .map in the pk3)
.prt should go in the maps files in the pk3, just like the .bsp

EDIT: how to make the pk3:
http://www.pythononline.co.uk/et/tutorial37.htm

for other questions you might want to check this first:
http://www.pythononline.co.uk/et/tutorial.htm

(Raggler) #11

ok i see that there are a couple things that are missing from that website you gave me thanks ill be doing some editing then if i need some help ill repost on here again about hte problem thanks verymuch

(Raggler) #12

ok i see that my map all i put for the spwn points are blue and red do i have to put them yellow things int here because i cant seem to find out how to put them on there

(stealth6) #13

http://www.pythononline.co.uk/et/tutorial03.htm

There you can download players.zip, unzip that in etmain/maps
Then in gtk you can import the file in file-> import -> players.map

Then you have the yellow things.
But no they are not necessary, they represent the flags you see on the minimap like allies spawn with a flag symbol.

You do need the red and blue spawn. The info_player_deathmatch is the spawnpoint for spectators.
You also need 1 script_multiplayer in you map and ONLY ONE!! That connects your map to your script.

EDIT: if you have xfire add me: stealth6, is probably easier.

(acQu) #14

[QUOTE=stealth6;238049]Hehe NM toooooo slooooooowwwwwwww :penguin:

:D:D[/QUOTE]

Hm stealth longing for another script pwnage answer :D:D Next time no remorse LOL

(Raggler) #15

kk ill add you in a bit but when i inserted that play.map into my map well imported it worked on our server its weird cause the only thing diff is that little box and them 2 yellow things can someone please tell me how i would make my 6 blue on one side owrk then 6 red on the other side work

cuase it would be really helpfull if you could and were to find the yellow boxes on the gtk radaint so i can ujust do them my self

(stealth6) #16

best way to find out what that yellow thing is, is to open the players.map select the yellow thing and take a look.
The easiest approach as I said is to import the players.map in your map, delete everything except those 2 yellow boxes, move the allied one to YOUR allied spawn and move the axis one to YOUR axis spawn.

You can figure out which is which by selecting one and press N (then check out the entity values)