Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 185

Thread: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

  1. #41

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    @ General Wolfens yes sure thats great thanks, however i would wait a couple of hours before you copy it as there should will be a new updated version soon

  2. #42

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    Quote Originally Posted by r3fleX View Post
    @ General Wolfens yes sure thats great thanks, however i would wait a couple of hours before you copy it as there should will be a new updated version soon
    Why don't you just let me provide you with a permalink so that whatever version is the latest, we can replace it and keep the URL? SIMPLE!
    Join the conversation at #dirtybomb on Quakenet IRC.

  3. #43

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    Quote Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
    an Obli/Rocket Launcher guide you say?

    1) have a beer next to you
    2) aim & fire
    3) sip beer
    4) aim & fire
    5) sip beer
    6) etc.


    or at least that is how I play
    nahh...
    i spectated good rocket launcher players like winghaven and screamer and they get alomst every shielded hog and just have a nice feeling how to aim at vehicles far away without using lock-on.

    So i guess it needs a lot of practise to get this feeling for long-range shots...

  4. #44

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    New Version released guys, see first post for details

  5. #45
    Failing at LoL Dthy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    2,248
    Most Recent Awards:

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    46 pages, im in for a long read... xD

    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Steam | YouTube

  6. #46
    RED STAR HARDCORE xTriXxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    State of Trance
    Posts
    971
    Most Recent Awards:

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    your guide is very good , i have same mouse as you and , thanks to you, now i know how to set up it lol
    for me,
    -clientprediction 0 is good on servers with ping 45-80, 20ms on low ping servers is ideal.
    (lulu server is set to 20-25ms, and i have great hit reg there, better then on same servers with same low ping with prediction 0ms)

    -i think humys config was "customizable" during game, 5-10-15-20ms, so maybe you should add this option to your config as well.

    my opinion is, to become a better player we need good mouse, ingame mouse sensitivity 1.3 and less. All above is just matter of time. skills will come, soon or later.
    Last edited by xTriXxy; 30th Aug 2010 at 01:28.
    “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." William Gibson.

  7. #47

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    Violence is not the answer. It is the question. The answer is Yes.




    Aka Seraphic_Mercenary, .Headsh0t

  8. #48

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    Quote Originally Posted by Elit3s.com View Post
    my opinion is, to become a better player we need good mouse, ingame mouse sensitivity 1.3 and less. All above is just matter of time. skills will come, soon or later.
    Yes i agree with you to some extent, the more you play the better game sense you will have ofc. I'm glad you have found a good sensitivity to play with, however ingame sensitivity is irrelevant unless other people have the exact same mouse/driver/window settings.

    Also there is nothing stopping you from adding lines from humy's config to my own, its just i prefer to keep my net settings the same all the time on whatever server as they are the best for me.

    @Apoc - yea shame half the frags are from some random pub nub nobody has heard of (you - incase you werent sure)

  9. #49
    RED STAR HARDCORE xTriXxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    State of Trance
    Posts
    971
    Most Recent Awards:

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    Quote Originally Posted by r3fleX View Post
    Yes i agree with you to some extent, the more you play the better game sense you will have ofc. I'm glad you have found a good sensitivity to play with, however ingame sensitivity is irrelevant unless other people have the exact same mouse/driver/window settings.
    about the mouse, i meant default cheap mouse without any drivers or without any possibility to set dpi on it. before deathadder i had mouse from tesco for 5euro, but real fun started after i bought deathadder.
    “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." William Gibson.

  10. #50
    Failing at LoL Dthy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    2,248
    Most Recent Awards:

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    Quote Originally Posted by Elit3s.com View Post
    about the mouse, i meant default cheap mouse without any drivers or without any possibility to set dpi on it. before deathadder i had mouse from tesco for 5euro, but real fun started after i bought deathadder.
    I use a cheap mouse and it's fine, it's all down to what you feel comfortable with. However, with different mice i get different accuracy. For instance, with my current mouse i get 50% with sniper/railgun and 30% with AR/lacerator, in contrast to 40% with sniper/railgun and 35% with AR/lacerator with my other mouse.

    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Steam | YouTube

  11. #51

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthwsh. View Post
    That's my old one . As for the topic, just turn off your windows accel and get a good feel for your sensitivity. I like mine low . (800dpi, no accel, 3.0 sens)

  12. #52

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    *Added a quickscoping compilation here - Page 33

    link does not work for me

  13. #53

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    http://for-the-lolz.com/files/etqw/s...etqw_guide.zip

    Mirror which will always have latest version of the document.
    Join the conversation at #dirtybomb on Quakenet IRC.

  14. #54

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    nice! good work

  15. #55

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    Quote Originally Posted by fry View Post
    *Added a quickscoping compilation here - Page 33

    link does not work for me
    oh right? works fine for me. Anyone else finding this problem?
    Here's a direct link for the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKZJW5C5rDE

  16. #56

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    Quote Originally Posted by r3fleX View Post
    oh right? works fine for me. Anyone else finding this problem?
    Here's a direct link for the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKZJW5C5rDE
    Youtube tells me the file is not available

  17. #57
    Failing at LoL Dthy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    2,248
    Most Recent Awards:

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    worked for me when i tried it

    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Steam | YouTube

  18. #58
    Failing at LoL Dthy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    2,248
    Most Recent Awards:

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    Quote Originally Posted by INF3RN0 View Post
    That's my old one . As for the topic, just turn off your windows accel and get a good feel for your sensitivity. I like mine low . (800dpi, no accel, 3.0 sens)
    i know xd, im getting a new one soon hopefully...

    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Steam | YouTube

  19. #59

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

    Quote Originally Posted by fry View Post
    Youtube tells me the file is not available
    Erm try just typing "ETQW Headshot" into youtube and see if you get it that way?
    Otherwise i could upload it to own3d if you would like however that will be tonight/2moz as it takes a while.

  20. #60

    Re: Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •