Problems with a router :/

(Functional) #1

I have had now around a year this new router. It really sucks, but nothing currently to do about it.

The problem is obvious: I join into a game, get huge lagspikes, either get automatically kicked or can continue to play, but with terrible lag.

This problem does not occur in other games, but however, windows live messenger does not work in this computer (router problem also), and I have some huge issues with using P2P networks, it slows down my network completely ( and everyone else who is in the network! ).

I played games ranging from World of Warcraft to Team Fortress 2 without any problems when it comes to network.

So, could anyone give me tips? I have some understanding about computers and routers (portforwarding is not a problem), but which ports to forward? Any other steps I could take? Perhaps the settings in the client are wrong?

I have Netgear CG834WG router, connected through a cable into my computer, and it’s also connected through a cable into network.

Please, it’s been a year already, I really miss this game :confused:
Thanks for advance!

(Nail) #2

did you check for firmware updates on the router ?

(Burneddi) #3

Well, you could just, you know, buy a new router?

(Functional) #4

Yeah sure I could, too bad they cost anywhere from 50 euros the cheapest and 200 the most expensive ones.

And no, this country I live in, does not have hardware stores that sell the older-but-cheaper parts. Seriously. Only ones there are sell only newest of the newest and/or oldest of the oldest.

And I’ll try with getting firmware update then.