No cursor when launching game

(Nick Chand) #1

When I first start the game (Windows 7 64-bit), I am greeted with the create profile menu but no cursor. There appears to be a giant shadow of the cursor on the screen however.

Sometimes the cursor will eventually show up and the shadow is gone but the cursor doesn’t move.

My graphics card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 if that matters. If this matters: 4GB of ram, 1920x1080 resolution (the game automatically sets its own resolution), i5 processor. As previously mentioned, I’m using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit.

Thanks for the help!

(Undead_fly) #2

This could be a problem with your graphics drivers… the new ATI drivers are known to cause trouble. I’ve never heard of a problem like this before, but updating to an older driver might fix it. :wink:

(Nick Chand) #3

Thanks for the quick reply! Silly questions, but how would I go about doing that? Is there a way to do this without running into conflicts with other, more recent games?

(Burneddi) #4

Use driver version 10.4 - it works with most (~all) new games and still has working OpenGL. The 10.5 drivers and later have broken OpenGL resulting in faulty performanse in many games, such as ET and Quake Live.

(Undead_fly) #5

The 10.4 version you need to install isn’t very old, so you won’t be having trouble with new games for now. And by the time you do, ATI will hopefully release a new driver that is slightly more backwards compitable than the crap they’re releasing now. Older drivers have slightly worse performance though, especially on new games, but nothing more than 10%.

This site appears to offer old ATI drivers, you’ll want the ATI Catalyst Driver 10.4 (Vista/7 x64). :wink:

(Nick Chand) #6

I rolled back my driver. I still have the same problem.