How can i play Wolfenstein without Admin Access?

(krine11) #1

Well hello there, I am a normal Enemy Territory player and i have a brother who also plays as well.
I have windows 7 ultimate but thing is that to play enemy territory on windows 7 you need admin access. On my computer we have different user accounts and he complains about him not having access to playing it, But i do not trust him with admin access at all (He is one of the reasons why i had to buy the windows 7 os…) anyways is there a way to play e.t. on windows 7 WITHOUT admin access? I will really like if there is a solution to this…

-Thank-You to all the people who have replied.

(UJERebel) #2

I tought there was some funtion, run as users… try to google it :slight_smile:

(Undead_fly) #3

Running it in compitability mode with windows xp might work. If not, try experimenting with different mods, some may work while others don’t. If all else fails, disable UAC. :stuck_out_tongue:

(UJERebel) #4

Or let him play on your acount with lots of parental restrictions? :smiley:

(krine11) #5

Well some of the error’s he does get is Failed pure server check…then something with punkbuster saying he does not have o/s previliages

(Undead_fly) #6

Failed pure server check: Common error with or without admin permission, restarting ET and reconnecting (Sometimes twice) usually fixes it.

As for the punkbuster error, I guess punkbuster will need all permissions to perform all its checks to make sure you don’t cheat… The only way around that would be to play on servers with punkbuster disabled. :wink:

(UJERebel) #7

Maybe install ET on documents…

(krine11) #8

Well i disabled UAC. Now that i disabled UAC i also dont get those annoying prompts of installing software, etc… But with UAC disabled does that mean my brother can surelly play E.T. now on his account just like how he had on windows XP.

($omator) #9

i belive taht in most cases runing et without admin rights will end at o/s exepction notice kick… try maybe pb disables servers…

(Burneddi) #10

Install ET anywhere outside Program Files, basically. Vista / Windows 7 “protect” these folders from programs without proper elevation, causing borkage with games especially.

For example C:\Games\Enemy Territory

Also don’t use any kind of compability modes - it works without.

(noobst3R) #11

Try installing ET in a public folder.

Like: C:\Users\Public\Games

(krine11) #12

Bump… I still need help here :open_mouth:

($omator) #13

i belive that only virtual machine + windows + et instalation will work :)))

good luck tho :slight_smile:

(Nail) #14

try installing it on a flash drive or external hard drive

(hellreturn) #15

It will kill the external hard drive very fast.

Just install in D drive and update PB before playing the game. See if that works.

(ailmanki) #16

Install et under c:\wolfensteinet
Give your brother accounts full read write rights in that folder.
Delete c:\wolfensteinet\pb, reinstall pb for him.

It should work for him then without having admin rights.