Weapon remodelling project

(BackSnip3) #1

I’m again making new gun models for ET,and this time I plan to remake them all.
I have now 5 guns remodelled and with new animations: Thomspon, Sten, MP40, Gewehr43 and Colt

mp40 video
colt video
g43 video

Videos for thompson and sten will come soon…
grab the sample here
Have fun! :smiley:

EDIT: 5th december
Added the g43 video that I think I completly forgot to talk about, and added the alpha version of the colt; in video. Updated the download link.

(ronboy) #2

Good work Backsnip. I watched the vid you posted. Is it just me, or was the sound not in sync with the animation?

(BackSnip3) #3

The video is recorded with xfire at 30 fps while the game runs at 100 still, it might cause sync problems, but if you have ET, you can grab the sample pk3 put it in etmain and play a map with it, so you see the original sound sticks okay with the animation.

(stealth6) #4

If you are a good modeller with free time on your hands maybe you can help these guys out:
http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?p=224434#post224434
http://www.axisrevenge.com/

Not sure if that project is still doing anything / active / looking for people, but you could always give them a shout.

(BackSnip3) #5

Ye I’m already in contact with them, but looks like I haven’t the skill for lot of things :confused:
But still, I have to make props models for them :smiley:

(IndyJones) #6

i thought u re going to completly change the weapon and u’ve just added some sort of shield or whatever u call that… :stuck_out_tongue:

(BackSnip3) #7

What do you mean Indyjones?I remade the model and animations from scratch what is that “shield”?:confused:

(IndyJones) #8

really? model is purely made by u? to me looks like slightly upgraded etmain style… and the animation did seem a little bit diffrent :stuck_out_tongue:

(BackSnip3) #9

If you talk about the thompson yes it is modified ET,but mp40 and sten are 100% made by me huh

(IndyJones) #10

could be… i play with cg_drawgun 0, but that was just my feeling :stuck_out_tongue:

(shagileo) #11

MP 40 in the video looks neat
Nicely done !

(BackSnip3) #12

Thanks shagileo, other weapons will come :smiley:

(twt_thunder) #13

looks great, keep it up :smiley:

(nukits) #14

nice looking mp40 :=) good work

(BackSnip3) #15

A new k43(replaced by a Gewehr 43) is in progress.
Only half the animation is done,the grenade launcher part is not done yet.
Laggy video here

(ronboy) #16

Cool new weapon Backsnip!

(shagileo) #17

Couldn’t make out all too much from the video, but the animation looks cool.
The weapon itself is pretty nice as well, though the left hand seems a bit too forced. Is there maybe a way to make it look a bit more natural?

But all in all, nice job, keep it up !

(CyburK) #18

looks good. new sounds would be cool too.

(BackSnip3) #19

Starting modelling a colt tonight :smiley:

(Shownie) #20

Sweet models! looking forward to see the rest :slight_smile: