.aas files not working

(ronboy) #1

I was making my .aas files. I put the necessary commands in command prompt. But my .aas file wasn’t made. :eek: Here’s what it said. I’m only showing the part that could be the problem.
Searching visible brush sides…
It listed a handful of brushes. Each one had duplicate plane with it.
Then it said: ignoring func_invisible_user brush, and said ignoring func_explosive brush 3 times, then closed.
Could someone help me? :confused:

(vicpas) #2

Verify or remake all func_explosive and func_invisible_user.
I had this problem and it was on func_explosive in the map and after it was on func_invisible-user in another map.

(ronboy) #3

[QUOTE=vicpas;233197]Verify or remake all func_explosive and func_invisible_user.
I had this problem and it was on func_explosive in the map and after it was on func_invisible-user in another map.[/QUOTE]

I will try that. I’ll edit this post if it doesn’t work.
Edit: I think I know what the problem is, but I don’t want to delete it, otherwise the map won’t be as cool. I have 2 zombies that I want to bust out of 2 coffins. I connected a target_relay at a coffin that is func_explosive. Could that be the problem? Here is the ai script for both zombies.

zombie1
{
attributes
{
starting_health 80
aggression 1.0
}

spawn
{
playanim laying_back both forever
trigger zombie1 go
}

trigger go
{
alertentity t4
playsound sound/resdetpak/monster01.wav
playanim getup_back both
}

}

zombie2
{
attributes
{
starting_health 80
aggression 1.0
}

spawn
{
playanim laying_back both forever
trigger zombie2 go
}

trigger go
{
alertentity t3
playanim getup_back both
}

}

T3 and t4 are the results of connecting the target_relay with the func_explosive coffin. Maybe that’s the cause? Any help with this annoying problem would be appreciated.

(vicpas) #4

Make sure you’re not doing many events happen at the same time.
If you are, maybe you will need to make one script_mover and scripting for various events.

(ronboy) #5

[QUOTE=vicpas;233273]Make sure you’re not doing many events happen at the same time.
If you are, maybe you will need to make one script_mover and scripting for various events.[/QUOTE]

My script is simple. I don’t think the cause is many events happening at the same time. I think I did something wrong when I was scripting the zombie busting open the coffin lid.
I selected the target_relay, then the func_explosive coffin lid, and connected them. A blue line was shown connecting them.
In the ai script, “alertentity” should bust open the coffin lid. When I look at the target_relay, it says that the target is t4. In my script, I put “alertentity t4”. Shouldn’t that bust open the coffin lid?

(Eugeny) #6

It is necessary to look a map and a script

(ronboy) #7

I did. I think the coffin lid busting would be in the .ai script, or would it be in a .script file? :confused:

(ronboy) #8

Interesting. I removed the func_explosive coffin lids that the 2 zombies spawn from, and it STILL doesn’t work. I have noticed that it says ignoring func_explosive brush one time instead of three times. I have a feeling it’s something to do with another coffin lid that has 2 treasure items in it.
I’ll fool around with it, and maybe it will work.

(Eugeny) #9

Specially for you I will make breaking cover of a coffin and the rising zombie.

(Eugeny) #10

After dances with a tambourine, aas have been received.

(ronboy) #11

I found the cause of the .aas files not working. It was the func_invisible_user brush. I had to move the switch and func_invisible_user brush to another room, and that fixed the problem. I don’t think the coffins were the problem.
Will you be sending me the coffin example through a pm?

(Eugeny) #12

http://depositfiles.com/files/dgpwb5wa0

(ronboy) #13

Thank Eugeny. It’s working now.

(vicpas) #14

I said above that your problem could be func_invisible_user or func_explosive.
Congratulations for solved this problem.

(ronboy) #15

[QUOTE=vicpas;233347]I said above that your problem could be func_invisible_user or func_explosive.
Congratulations for solved this problem.[/QUOTE]

I’m glad the problem is solved. I didn’t remake the func_invisibe_user brush, I only moved it and the switch to a different location.